1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Front Modification !!

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by cyberdoctorind, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Team,

I have been wondering about one thing .. Can the punto converted to look like the Linea from the front? . From looks of it feels doable .. :devilface

I seriously will miss the double barrel headlamps in the 90 which I am so used to in my Palio and the Linea.

Best Regards
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Why?? Make it look even better....

Get some side skirts and some cool lighting (cool blue neons) and a sporty spoiler.
    Some cool sticker jobs and awesome seat covers. Add a throatier muffler and you have a beauty.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey cyberdoc, I want to convert mine into Audi. ::V Just kidding.
    I don't think it is worth the effort to make a huge change to the entire design even if it is remotely possible. Linea and Punto differ significantly as far as the whole design of the front is concerned. Curves are different for both.
    2 people like this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

You have reaffirmed that we live in a funny world. The car makers design department gets the flak when they make two different models look similar. When they make it different we appreciate it for a while and then look forward to make a hybrid out of it !! :confused

Here is my two cents to help you out a bit on your thoughts. To make the linea look like the punto, it is mainly the front that needs to be changed. You can find the side panels , the bumper, the bonnet and the front grill and headlamps in the scrap market. Put them together with an expert and voila, a new born you will have ::T

There will be RTO issues to confront with and since you cant be specific with a name for it, it can be called PULIN or PUNLINO :lol: :mrgreen:

5. Moreover if you succeed in doing this modification, you will end up making the crumple zones of your car useless. :shocked
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Incedntly I wanted to modify the linea front to something like this

[attachment=0:2rd0ia1z]Linea4 copy.jpg[/attachment:2rd0ia1z]

But since this was not something easy, i just kept it in photoshop vesion.

P.S: I took of that white linea pic from somerwhere on net and then played around. This was before i bought my Linea :)

Linea4 copy.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    To me the photoshopped Linea looks like the Peugeot. Yet, I like this design
  8. ::D @ thanks all, the point is converting the punto to look like the linea only from the front on not vice versa. Why? I need the double barreled headlamps as I do lot of long journeys @ night. Comparing the engine bays of the Linea / punto, linea bay is more spacious than the punto due to the bumper and the radiator grill (Need confirmation on this :anyone ) however according to me changing the side fenders, bonnet, bumper and the lights according to me should bring about this conversion without any monoque change. The Linea has been developed on the punto platform and necessary care has been taken by the designers to mask this change so that the linea looks like a new platform. Now tell me isn't this doable ?

I am in love with the way punto looks but for the double barrel headlight setup. Hope it clarifies

Best Regards
  9. If this is the only reason, I would highly recommend you to upgrade the headlights rather than modifying the car.
  10. Yup that's the only reason. I am spoiled by choice of having both Lows and Highs switched on during the night drives. With respect to the headlamp upgrades to 90/100W, I would do that but just wanted to understand whether Punto can be made to look like the linea from the front :hit