1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto feeling heavy...

Discussion in 'Technical' started by adigabnp, May 28, 2012.

1. i will suggest you to change the airfilter once and see if this makes any difference...believe me with so much of dust around i guess it should be cleaned every 1000 kms ...
    though i change it after every 2000kms...and best thing is it doesnot costs a bomb...
  2. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sanjeev,
    I will give it a try. It has been around 4,000kms now, after my Punti's 2nd service. It should be worth a try. :)

Meanwhile, I am refilling the fuel from the bunks in a different part of the city and I can clearly see a difference in the pickup [not great though]!
    I did not expect IOC diesel to be so different within the same city! :eek:
    I am now wondering if it was the fuel! :uh :p
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Every 2000 km? What does Fiat recommend as the life of the filter?
    Also, do you change it at home or take it to TASS?
  4. FIAT recommends it to change every 15k....but i dont see any harm in getting it changed every 2000k..generally we should clean it by using pressurised air at suitable intervals
    i get it done at TASS only...

update- i saw now its mentioned in the manual that- Regardless of the km covered, Air filter should be replaced earlier if operating in dusty condition
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    No, I am just suggesting. type pressure has nothing to dowith pickup. However, when your car is baked under sun and if there is too much air in the tyres, you will feel additional (usually punto is heavy) heavyness. Just chek to be sure. Again - tyre pressure has nothing to do with pickup.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was waiting for this statement. Tunning of MJD is in such a way that it is too much sensitive to bad quality fuel. I repeat too much sensetive.

I have another brand car fitted with multijet engine tunned by different state-of-art. That engine does not react like MJD when I get bad fuel. Only NVH level becomes high,but no differance in power & pick up of car.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  7. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    me too experiencing performance drop in ma Linea,if bad quality fuel goes in,feels like that the turbo is not working sometimes,as mentioned a heaviness will be felt.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is now becoming contageous. Mostly a perception in my opinion.

One general question to all who believe the infamous theory of bhai.
    Do you continue to feel the so called heavyness till you refill a good quality fuel or it is like sometimes heavy now and then.
  9. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

BengaLooru
    BengaLooru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,

I mentioned that there is a difference is the behaviour of my Punti with the fuel of a better quality. But, nevertheless, I still feel the heavy-ness! The "heavy-ness" issue still persists. ;)
    So, its not the fuel alone that seems to be the root cause!!
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I would advise you to take a test drive of other Puntos as well. Sometimes that helps to put things in perspective.

Seeing you're in Bangalore, contact TFIans from there. Maybe you guys can also plan a TFI Bangalore Meet. And others can drive your car as well and find out if there's any difference.

Cheers.