1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto feature comparison Dynamic and emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vijaycool, Oct 30, 2010.

1. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Thanks Paddleshifter for answering newbie questions which I have thrown over here. The other side of the coin which I am considering is Figo Titanium. I didnt like the way my friends Fiesta handle over the bumps and craters in chennai. There is a definite cost advantage of choosing Figo over Punto, but if the suspension feels same as Fiesta then it could be the deal breaker. Also heard several guys complaining rear suspension is making noise in Punto. Is this issue resolved in new batches?

Regards,
    Vijay
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is nothing "newbie" or "distinguished member" funda here. That is the philosophy of Teambhp. :)
    TFI does not believe in imposing military rules. Use as many smileys too. :lol: :dance

Noise from suspension:
    It is a "thud"(heard for less than a second) like sound heard when you are driving with the backseats empty/unoccupied and pass over a pothole or a speed-breaker at a higher speed.

And this thud is common in some other hatchbacks these days. Have experienced it in Beat at least. I don't think it is a cause of concern since it happens to occur only if you drive over a pothole/nasty speedbreaker without slowing down and that too, only if the rear seat is unoccupied.

Don't know about Figo though. I have checked it out only once when I was looking for a new car but didn't like it because of stripped out features and small dimensions.
    Figo "top end variant" has similar features compared to Punto dynamic + music system + ABS/Airbags + rear defogger/wiper.

Punto Emotion has everything Figo has except airbags + it has 20-30 additional features which justifies the price of Punto over Figo.

Figo is a highly VFM package though but it does not belong to the Punto/i20/Polo/Fabia/Jazz category.

It belongs to Swift/Micra/i10/WagonR/Ritz category but with much more space.

So price wise & features wise, you can not compare it with Punto/i20/Polo etc.
  3. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Like Paddleshifter said, the "thud" ain't a big deal to worry...I had this during my initial days of ownership (mostly driven alone) but then it all comes down to the driving style...go slow over humps and have the right air pressure...havn't noticed the "thud" in the last few months... all I can say, "thud" shouldn't come across your point of purchase of this machine..
  4. As paddleshifter mentioned there is no newbie or distinguished on this forum we are here to help each other with our problems.Just because you joined late or have lesser posts doesn't mean we have more knowledge than you.

I think Figo doesn't have rear power windows even in top variant plus looks wise it's plain jane.Punto is the best hatchback available in Indian market if you consider ride and handling.The thud is natural and it's because of how suspension is set up. You won't hear the thud if you go over speed bumps slowly or if the back bench is occupied.

On a side note MODS paddleshifter has used 3 smileys in his previous post. :ban :lol:
  5. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Good thing my wife didnt like vista as she mistook as Indica :drinks . Now the tussle starts between Figo Titanium and emothion MJD . I would be very happy if some produce one excel sheet with unlisted features between both the models not just browser comparison.
    Which month booking is ideal with more discounts. I cant buy this month. Is that Feb-March 2011 we get 2010 cars at high discount or December 2010.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't know how to work with excel. :(
    But I can assure you that Punto 1.3MJD Emotion has 20-30 more features as compared to Figo Titanium, except "Airbags" and Bluetooth.
  7. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Thanks PS :mrgreen: now there is a twist in the tale. I am looking to buy highest expense ever that an common man can spend(house) in the upcoming year. I dont want to sink into the financial trouble by buying the house and car together. Instead I am decided to go for used fiat palio GTX, sport. I am feeling bad for not laying my hands on the punto but GTX and sports are not bad machines. Getting a clean copy is a uphill task that too for a first car buy.
    Before that please let me know some good contacts of Mechanics or garage in chennai.
    I came across this from the net. Anyone already enquired about this car?

http://www.gaadi.com/usedcars/details-7 ... io_1.6+GTX

Regards,
    Vijay
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    guys please tell me how to use follow me home headlamps?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After you switch-off your engine, pull the light lever (left side of your hand) towards you, for 2-3 seconds.
  10. suresh

suresh Novizio

Bangalore
    The fiat India official web site undermines the Punto. Half of the features mentioned in this thread are not on the web site.