1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto feature comparison Dynamic and emotion MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vijaycool, Oct 30, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me atleast highlight one thing.

Punto offers twice the features list of Vista.

Blue&Me is a Fiat only feature.

Unlike Punto, Vista can't talk to you. It has just got a normal keypad for dialling.
  2. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Thanks Paddle shifter. But I cant get Epack hence not bothered on blue and me. I like to know what are the features offered twice compared to Aura ABS with Emotion. I will be happy with Fiat quality even I am paying 50K more.
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aura 1.3Quadrajet ABS vs Punto 1.3MJD Emotion- Features/Gadgets comparison

Things you will get in Vista but not Punto:
    - Illuminated ring around keyhole
    - Storage tray under co-driver's seat
    - Door rub rails
    - Manually adjustable lumbar suport
    - AUX/USB input for music.
    - Blue5 for phone calls
    - Infrared remote control for music system
    - 5-speed intermittent front wipers
    - 2 power sockets: front+rear (Punto only has for front)
    - Speedometer (instrument panel) in the center of the dash instead of being behind the steering wheel.

Things you will get in Punto but not with Vista:
    - Driver side facing keyhole
    - Double crank prevention system
    - Rear AC vents
    - Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirrors(ORVMs)- Highly convenient in winters and while parking as you can adjust the co-driver side mirror yurself.
    - All four power windows have auto down function. Driver side is auto up as well. No other car below 10-12lacs except Linea has this feature.
    - Speed sensitive volume control (similar to Audi A4. When enabled, music volume will adjust depending upon speed of the car to compensate for road noise).
    - Speed sensitive front intermittent wipers (when in intermittent mode, the front wipers will automatically adjust their wiping speed depending upon the speed of the car by taking input from the speed sensor of the car).
    - Follow me home headlamps
    - Programmable auto door locks
    - Programmable speed warning system
    - Advanced My Car settings and controls (discussed below)
    - Desmodronic foldable key
    - Controlled Area Networking (CAN) of 7 microchips that is usually offered only with some luxury cars as per Fiat.
    - Theater dimming maplamps with spot function
    - Can engage parking lights of only one side as well
    - When you turn off the key, headlamps go off automatically along with parking lights. No chances of leaving headlamps on by mistake. You can turn on the parking lights manually afterwards. Headpamls cant be turned on without inserting key. Saves battery drainage.
    - I'll update with some more features if I recall another feature.

- One Con of Punto Emotion variant :hit
    - You wont get USB/AUX but you can get Blaupunkt AUX cable for iPod connectivity for Rs300-600. Stupid Fiat at this very important feature which is missing. No one likes to burn CDs everyday for a single new song.

MyCar feature of Punto: :car
    - Service reminder with 15000km service interval
    - Dual trip meters with Distance To Empty/range, average speed, trip distance, average consumption, Instantaneous consumption, travel time
    - Radio/mp3 display in MID
    - MID tells which door is open. It will even say "boot open" if you have opened the boot.
    -Driver information system which monitors various functions of the car and gives input to the driver via MID if there is any anomaly. It can even tell if any bulb is not functioning (headlamp/tail lamp/ stop light/ rear number plate bulb, fluid levels etc. etc.)
    - You can customize many things in my car- calender, date, time, door lock, speed limit warning system, mp3/radio display on MID etc. There are 9 languages (for the record. I know we wont use anything except English). This gives the feel of an international car.

Punto is longer than Indica Vista. Equal to Indigo CS in lenght.
    Superior build quality with 1200kg weight. Ride and handling with perfect steering feedback.
    280L boot space that Vista can't match.
    Looks and design.

You can download the owners manual of Punto and can know more details about the capabilities of My Car and other features of Punto. Won't be easy to type everything in a single post. :)

Open Audi A4 website and check the driver information system(DIS) and infotainment features of Audi A4. Everything is present in Punto as well(Emotion pack actually with that blue&Me.
  4. No AUX but you surely get the USB with the Emotion Pack.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes. But only the emotion variant has to be compared here. Had it been E pack, I would have come up with 10 more features. :)
  6. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    Wow.. Thanks Paddle shifter. Thats quite an exhaustive list of features. Since there will be less occupants in the back seat except for few trips I dont mind losing back seat comfort for a driver's car. The next drivers car come into the same price category is Figo Titanim? How does it fare? what I know is Does not have mileage indicator or DIS, no rear PW, it gains on air bag sorely missing on Emotion.
    :steering
    VIjay
  7. Paddleshifter nice post that will definitely help Vijay. Don't know if this is present in Punto but linea has these 2 orange LED's that throw a warm glow and illuminate area around gear stick this feature is practical and looks cool too.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Punto does not have those 2 orange LEDs in the front cabin lights. I've seen them on T-Jet and they look cool.

One more thing that is present only in Linea is that the MID can show mp3 title and artist name etc. turn by turn while in Punto you can select only one thing(e.g. mp3 title) to be displayed on the MID.
  9. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    I like double din player. I do believe when we change the music console MID wont work with the new player. I am not at loss anyway and the only loss is paying for the factory fitted player which I will not be using. Thats the reason I was looking for active variant, but I have witnessed several incidents where ABS is absolute necessity and rear defogger. Just these 2 features set me back by 50K :hit
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2-DIN HU can't be fitted in Punto and Linea without altering the center console.
    I think then you made the right decision by opting for Emotion variant anyways.

Also, after market HUs are more prone to theft. I have to remove the faceplate of our old M800's HU before I park it outside at night.