1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto facelift in 2-3 months?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by bnzjon, May 4, 2011.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i think its not the right time to bring Punto Evo in india. Fiat india shud just concerntrate on the present Punto & Linea getting more acceptance from people. People will loose confidence in Fiat if it keeps changing its products so frequently. GP is just a great car and just a few important improvement in interiors shud be fine. its hard to satisfy the entire nation when everybody has got his own excuse for not buying a Fiat.

And if Evo has to come to india it shud co-exist with Grande Punto. Punto can easily fit in the 4-5 lakhs segment and Evo shud be in the 5 lakhs plus segment.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with Sumit, Let the existing GP be in the market or else the people will say that because o no sales they have stopped and got the new model. As the FIAT image is yet not pictograph well in the mind
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agree with Sumit. If they need to keep Punto under 5 lacs then there will be question on quality of the car...
  4. gagi_vid

gagi_vid

Belgaum
    Evo is available in Europe for more than a year now. They should not change the exteriors of current punto in India instead should change the interiors only. IMO, whether Palio or Punto, the original design has been the best and any face lift of exteriors has only deteriorated the looks.
    hope fiat do this..
  5. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    last week's autocar show carried a story on face-lift of punto..frm what i saw,the already cute car is set to becm even more cute!!! :)
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will be the prospective owner if FIAT Launches Punto EVO to INDIA. I will drop my plan to buy a LINEA.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My personal Opinion. I have seen both Punto Evo and Grande Punto together here in The Netherlands. Evo has no head turner looks as Grande Punto has. It looks smaller and the real aspect (Grill) that brings the actual beauty to the car is pathetic/missing.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    N Kiran if possible can you please upload those pics. :)
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I donot have the pics. I was very lucky that I could spot both Grande Punto and Evo together for couple of times. There is a lane through which I travel by bus and I notice a Bravo, Evo and GP parked. Will try to make some pictures with them together.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you so much Kiran for quick reply