1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto facelift in 2-3 months?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by bnzjon, May 4, 2011.

1. Rumor: Fiat Linea and Fiat Grande Punto to get mid career facelifts!

http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/page/2/

Buzz on Team-Bhp suggests that the Fiat Linea and the Fiat Grande Punto could receive mid career interior and exterior facelifts in the coming months of the year. Since this news has not been authenticated by any Fiat India source, you must take it with a fistful of salt.

This move is said to be an exercise undertaken by Fiat to boost flagging Linea and Grande Punto sales. The Linea could receive an exterior revamp to make it look fresher while the interiors too will get some attention to better the competition.

The Fiat Grande Punto could get beige and black interiors, a-la-Linea and an integrated stereo could also make it’s way onto the hot looking hatchback. For now, these seems to be no news about newer engine and transmission options for the Linea, which had surfaced a while ago.

Fiat India, for their part, had officially discounted both the 1.6 Liter MJD engine as well as the Dualogic automatic transmission for the Fiat Linea and hence it would be very surprising if Fiat decides to launch a Linea with a bigger diesel engine or an automatic gearbox option.
  2. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Hi friends,
    I have read in one of the threads that punto is getting a face lift, new dual tone interiors in 2-3 months?
    don't know the reality please help as I am planing to buy 90 hp, is waiting is worth?
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @mods

theres already a thread running on this topic..mods plz merge this one..
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    If you can wait, and interested in Beige interiors, do so.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    facelifts are good for the long term planning. it brings some freshness to the products. also plz add few new colors to the Punto range. and most important things that pricing has to be spot on.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore

Please have a look at these videos!! It says the EVO will get start stop button!! Yea!! Great going fiat:)
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    she says the steering has no feel..looks like they get only electronic power steering in europe. that power steering assist on/off button is present only in the abarth punto ??
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I'm very doubtful on the Punto Evo launching here in India. Knowing Fiat India, there are very less chances. The only thing which can probably happen is beige interiors ala Linea into the Punto. The punto is been here for just over 2 years and I don't think any exterior Facelift or mechanical changes are going to happen.

Prove me wrong Fiat - Bring that Punto with 1.4 T-Jet
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    FIAT should bring in the 1.4 Multi Air with 105 bhp and 130Nm torque. Its combined cycle fuel efficiency is 17.6kmpl.

This is the engine the Indian buyer will agree to and also do justice to the Punto.
    A balance between power and efficiency.

Gurjinder.