1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto exploring Queen of Hills (Ooty)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto_emotion, Nov 26, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice pictures!! resort also looks quite good. i have a special liking for these british bungalow type of resorts. it contributes immensely to the overall trip experience. could you please let us know how much was the rent here.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Shams! I was at Ooty during Oct which is regarded as off-season. So applicable rate was @ 2500 for double occupancy cottage including breakfast ...
  3. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Reviving this thread.

Can somebody suggest me which route should I take to Ooty/Conoor from Bangalore ?
    Either way should be via mysore ....

Will be taking a trip tomorrow, and planning to start early morning.

And any tips to drive the hairpin bends, as this is my first time :)

Thanks.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Route would be - Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangud - Gundlupet (where at a 'V' junction, continue towards left; if you take a wrong turn here, you will end up in Waynad :D)-Bandipur forest (superb place for a relaxing drive. Drive at moderate speeds to enjoy the forests and avoid stopping inside) - Ooty - Conoor.

Leave as early as possible to avoid Mysore road traffic. There are @ 30 hairpin bends to negotiate. But dont worry with Fiat's capabilities, it wont be difficult. Ensure that you are in right gear, right RPM band, avoid over taking (especially at curves & bends), be prepared for certain amount of blind spot caused by thick A pillar at right handed turns and maintain sufficient gap from vehicle in front. You would surely enjoy driving up the hill. Happy & safe trip.