1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto explores Chikmagalur, Western Ghats

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by punto_emotion, Dec 27, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thanks for liking the pics :up

If am not wrong, its altitude is @ 6000 feet / 1900 m
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @punto_emotion,
    I need tips to plan a trip to or through the Western Ghats. I searched and found this thread in our forum.

I am planning to make a trip from Indore to Vellore by my Linea Emothion by end of September. Done this twice earlier.
    This time, I wish to take a detour for a day and visit some nice place in Western Ghats that falls in Karanataka. I assume that the best part, particularly forest, is in Karanataka. Correct me if I am wrong.

I am somehow curious about Kudremukh (since my childhood days, maybe due to mention of Kudremukh valley project in newspapers then!). I don't know if it is worth visiting. But I read a travelogue of the same place on this forum few months ago. There may be other better places, much easier and nearer to reach from my NH4 route.

I usually take one night-halt at Satara or beyond. Thereafter, I wish to spend half-a-day drive to reach this spot for overnight stay and then proceed towards Vellore. If possible, I shall take Hyderabad-Nagpur route for return. I also wish to visit Humpi if possible.

Can you and other members guide me? Experts and experienced members are requested to help make my itinerary.

Wishing you all Happy Onam and Happy Raksha-Bandhan!

Ravi
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Guys,

No suggestions so far? I hope that we have members from Karnataka on this forum who know about western ghats. Help me guys!

Ravi
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If you are keen a few places, then I could certainly help you about the route. Do list out which ones are willing to visit.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore