1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto experience

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by satyanil, Jun 13, 2011.

1. satyanil

satyanil

Hi Guys,

Need an experts advice here....

I am planning to buy a punto Diesel Emotion version and wanted your experiences with punto. Do you recommend the car? how is the A.S.S from Fiat/Tata and how much would the service costs come to?

Your past experiences will help me decide on the car.
    If you recommend, which color is outstanding for pUnto?

Thanks, Anil
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hi Satyanil welcome to the forum first. You are on the right track.

Punto MJD Emotion is very good car & you need not to worry about the A.S.S from FIAT/TATA. Yes they are improving.

I am the first person from this forum who sold out 1.2 Emtion Punto (Petrol) & bought Punto MJD Emotion Pack. The car is fantastic, dont think so much & go for Punto MJD.

Please mention you city, so that we can recommend you best dealer and service center in your Area.

Cheers
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Satyanil, welcome to TFI. As Kdar rightly said, please mention your city so that we can advise you better dealer and service center out of the available choices.

I know at least 4 people here (Kdar, bnzjon, Sathya sc and MihirC) who have sold Punto/Linea just to buy a higher variant of Punto/Linea again or bought another Fiat Punto/Linea after already having one. This shows the trust and satisfaction from the brand.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you want to modify your car then go for White Punto/Black ( If black then I will recommend you to buy Emotion Pack as Alloys suits very well to that color)
    If you want a premium color then go for Fox Traut Azure/Tuscon Wine
    If you dont want to waste time to clean your car so frequently then go for Minimal Gray/Medium Gray
    See the red color Punto in flesh if you like it then go for it
  5. satyanil

satyanil

Thanks all for your immediate responses. This is very encouraging.
    I am from Bangalore city and approached Concorde Motors branch near Diary Circle.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hey satyanil welcome aboard.

We at TFI here have heard good things about Concorde Motors Dairy Circle , so i reckon you are in good hands.

As for the Punto , its the segment benchmark.

Take some time out and go through the Grande Punto ownership section , you'll find unbiased and factual reviews there.

Plus, i'd say go for the Punto 90hp Multijet. ;)

As for the color choice , Punto looks smashing in every color. It all boils down to what appeals to our heart.

All the best!

Gurjinder.
  7. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    Hi Anil,

Being a proud owner of one of the Punto Diesel 90 hp, i recommend the car highly. I am due for second servicing next month but as per the reviews from others the running / maintenance cost of fiat is much lower than that of others, even the extended service interval is the highest in the fiat (15,000 kms).

11 months to my punto and not a single awkward moment, done great long drives without issues, came out fresh each time :)

As said by Gurjinder ji above, please take your time and go through the car review section here, you would have a clear picture of how punto owners feel about their car and issues faced by them.

P.S. > If you have fallen in love with Punto, then get her home or else it will haunt you forever...

Arvind
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't worry about any A.S.S from Concorde. I am using their service from last ~2 years, without any issues. They do stock most of the spares.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome Staynil to TFI,
    Well we assure you that you will never feel like looking back once you are in the Drivers seat of the Grande, you will feel like driving a saloon car.
    As said by our dear friend Gurjunder just visit the Ownership thread and you will get all the answers by itself.
    Punto looks great in all colors, It will make you think twice after selecting the color, (My Egg. I selected BNW on the Fiat webpage and headed for it, But saw the Red in display and changed my mind to red, did my booking on Red, saw Medium Grey and changed my mind and sticked to it.
    You will have very less time visiting the TASS as the intervals is 15000 Kms.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i own a linea but i still feel punto was the car for me. just love the looks. and the ride is super.