1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo1.3 MJD Active or Dynamic? Booked Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arun David, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @ghodlur Thanks, I'm gonna go with the Dynamic variant.
    Btw, its a Diesel Evo we are planning to buy.
    The price difference between the two variants(Active and Dynamic) on-road is about 1.1l.
  2. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My opinion is go for ACTIVE variant and buy a good music system instead of wasting 1L for Dynamic variant.
    I am also planning to buy the ACTIVE variant.

Can any one suggest what are the essential additional accessories need to purchase for the ACTIVE variant ?
  3. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Major i've too thought about it. But there are essentials(ABS,EBD,Electronic Mirror adjuster..to name a few) missing in the active variant which can't be added aftermarket.

I agree with others on this. I can buy a Dynamic one, save money for a few months and change the Music system if i want to.
    Headunit that comes with the Evo blends in perfectly with the central console and the Dash. After Market headunits do look odd.(Am i the only one finding it odd?)
    Ravi likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OE ICE normally will always looks better, but with time you would like to change speaker, add amp etc, and finally if still not satisfied will go for HU change. HU change is required only who are very much into sound quality etc, else for general users ICE set-up is decent.

But HU should not be the ONLY reason to go for Dynamic variants. Compare the items between two, decide your budget and take a call. Both are nice depending on budget.
  5. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Seat Hight adjustment is the essential stuff missed in ACTIVE variant
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Ive never ever used a seat height adjustment, nor felt the need for it. If it is really essential is questionable.

Abdul
    Arun David likes this.
  7. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @jumu I guess it depends on your driving style. I did find the seating in Punto quite high,so Yes. Seat height adjuster might not real be that essential, it might all be a matter of getting used to.
    jumu likes this.
  8. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Can any one suggest me what are other stuffs I need to purchase for a ACTIVE variant ?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The best way to identify yourselves is look up for the differences with the Dynamic variant from the brochures and get the information from Fiat as to how many of the differences can be fitted into Active variant. The ones you can fit can be bought from Fiat and fitted by Fiat workshop itself. Will also keep the warranty intact for any wiring changes (confirm first with the Workshop)
  10. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Booked Punto Evo MJD Dynamic, Hip Hop Black. :)
    Ravi likes this.