1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo1.3 MJD Active or Dynamic? Booked Dynamic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Arun David, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Me and my younger brother currently share our ride in our City-Ivtec, but due to different office timings we find it diffucult to travel together.Our parents have decided on buying a new car so that we can travel independently to office. Both me and my brother love the Punto so we've decided to buy Punto Evo, despite having experienced the horrors of FASS & TASS while owning Fiat Palio 1.2(2001). So the question was which variant to buy. Active or Dynamic.(Emotion is way beyond our planned budget)

Active is a lot cheaper and has a high value for money factor.Both me and my brother are short built(5"6'-5"7') and we find the absence of driver seat height adjuster on the active variant a huge turn off (Palio's seat, after extensive usage(7-8yrs) despite a thick seat cover needed a pillow).

Dynamic does offer much required goodies like the ABS, ICE, Rear Power Windows..etc over the Active. Yet i find very few takers of Dynamic variants. People either opt for Active or Emotion variants. Should we buy the Active or the Dynamic Punto Evo.?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arun David choosing between Active and Dynamic will always tilt towards Dynamic. Budget is only factor to choose Active. Dynamic should be your choice.
    There are lots with Dynamic variant, I am one of them (earlier it was Emotion, and top was Emotion Pack).
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    what is the price difference between active and dynamic variant.
  4. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks Ravi, Didn't know that.

Got price quotes from Ramkay Fiat,Chennai. The difference is about one lakh between the two variants.

Also, is the ICE worth keeping? I find the ICE that came with our ANHC pretty decent, but the ones that came with XUV 5oo is below average.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @ARUN:
    Go for Dynamic eyes closed. Its worth every penny on ABS/EBD and other accessories.
    With Active, there is no ABS/EBD which it self is a safety feature.
    Exchange the music system with alloys or good tyres probably.
  6. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @whitepunto76 Thanks
    Dont get you? you mean exchange it after market right?
    So is the music system below average?
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Evo may have improved sound, but not by a huge margin than predecessors. The headunits are cheap and so are the speaker drivers. Companies assume discerning customers spend on sound equipment depending on their budget. There are many who would spend less on car (model) and more on accessories and sound systems.
  8. Major

Major Timido

Trivandrum
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Do we have any thread in this forum for the accessories and its price ? It will be helpful for those who buy the lower variant models .
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Arun David

Its isnt clear whether you are thinking of buying a petrol Evo or Diesel Evo? Can you mention that please.

In my opinion Dynamic variant (petrol/diesel) makes more sense that active for the simple reason of more features.

There is an almost 60K and 95K difference in the Active & Dynamic variants (petrol/diesel) as seen on Fiat India website for the exshowroom cost.