1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo vs Ford Figo : which one?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by purshotam77, Aug 13, 2014.

1. tejas1982

tejas1982 Timido

mumbai
    Dear Purshotam77 ,
    I owe a figo 1.4 TDCI titanium and Fiat punto 90hp both
    According to me fiat punto 90hp is very superior to ford figo in the following aspects .
    1)Robust build quality compared to build for cost ford figo .
    2)Excellent road manners and matured suspension setup , way better than many C2 sedans.
    3)The quote admiration guareenteed is true for fiat .
    4)Rattling issues are persistent in ford figo from 20000kms , Fiat GP has the upper hand here also .
    5)Fiat GP is feature rich car from the time it was launched and it still remains the same .
    6)Cost of periodic maintenance is a bit lesser than Ford Figo .

Only and only thing which figo scores over fiat punto is the city driveability , it has the zero turbo lag experience . Secondly it doesnt have climate control AC but it is a real chiller (best in the hatchback segment i have experienced) .
    Thats it.

If your heart screams for fiat GP go for it you wont regret even after several years .
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to Tejas. Also a point to note is, the GC of punto is far better than Figo. I have heard of Figos bottoming at times.
  3. tejas1982

tejas1982 Timido

mumbai

Yea its absolutely true. Even with 4 adults figo scraps easily and surprisingly there is limited under body protection.
    Where as i own a pre 2012 punto but i have never scraped any craters. Where as new evo has a gc of 185 mm which is just 15mm less than a ecosport, but greater than any hatchback at sale right now.
    By the way my punto is remapped bu tune tronics and it runs a slightly aggressive state of tune.
    Its much better than the stock and power is spread throughout the revv range.
    Regards
    Dr Nitin Dutta and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhoda

prabhoda Timido

bangalore
    Hay go in for Punto. We have both figo and punto in our family and when ever we have a chance to take our cars, punto is the first choice. the drive of the punto is no where compareable to figo, u feel sooo safe in punto than figo.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  5. Pointed

Pointed Timido

NEW DELHI
    NEW DELHI
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Petrol car for city ?

Punto looks better choice here, Heard Petrol cars of Ford are not that good in performance. Dont have much idea but for Petrol cars Brio or Swift looks good package ( just a thought )
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 17, 2014 ---
    if you dont like the Maruti' & Hyundai's, you may also try the Micra, Perol version of Micra having good Pep like Brio, & best thing of Micra is high visibility ( lesser blind spot ) which helps a lot in city driving, & it comes with ABS/Airbags too.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Other than driving dynamics which both Ford and Fiats are famous for I do not think Figo can give Punto a fight.

As far as drivability is considered no doubt Figo is more drivaeable in the city. But show it open raods its surely will huff anf puff and Punto will just butcher it. So whatever it gains in city conditions over Punto is much lesser than what it loses out on highways.

If price is a factor may be Foga can be considered but for everything esle its got to be Punto.
  7. ansujeet

ansujeet Timido

bhubaneshwar
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 22, 2014 ---
    my dad just nw owned a punto evo sport 93bhp... first in odisha .....
    did 6k kms in 2.5mnths ....
    the stability of the car is awesome....push hard arround corners and it will never dissappoint u....in highways i pushed it to 170s in nh5 and it was rock stable... braking is awesome wid 195mm wide tyres n obviously (abs+ebd) adds to it.......
    in terms of fe i get(highway+ city) = 18.5kmpl ......
    interiors are classy
    cabin is roomy
    leg room and shoulder room is like higher end sedans .......
    multi information display shows almost every details a person needs ....voice cntrl settings is even awesome...
    if u doubt about its styling ......dn plzz its the punto evolution and its really a revolutionary change frm d grande punto to punto evo....
    fiat punto rockss :-D
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @purshotam77, which one did you finally choose?
    Off topic: Loved the informative insights from members and learning few things every day.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. purshotam77

purshotam77 Timido

baroda
    baroda
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi saket, thanks to the members here who strengthened my belief in punto. It is evo :) even though my colleagues advised me against it for reasons u know well (many of other members must have faced such situations). The choice is done, still not purchased as my new home is under construction, so postponed the car for a few months now. Took a test drive, felt good. Salesman is constantly following up sir when will u buy? but I am confused about which variant to go for petrol/diesel. 1.2/1.3. Very limited running within city and occasional highway travel ( it might increase once I start loving my car more and more)
    If u can pls share your views.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @purshotam77

Glad we could help crystallize a great decision.

Sounds like either the 1.2 or the 1.4 petrols are best for you, given your limited running. TD both if you can, but yeah the 1.2 is better in the city, peppier there than its paper figures would suggest, while the 1.4 works equally/especially well on the highway. Both are pretty fuel efficient, reliable and refined too.

cheers, post updates!