1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo vs Ford Figo : which one?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by purshotam77, Aug 13, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Me too suggest buying Evo. If you buy Grande Punto, Chances are there you regret your decision when you see Evo flying on the roads. Even though its having the same engine & gearbox, the gear ratios are better in Evo. Drivability has been improved. And I think you'll get back considarable amount of extra money you spent on Evo when you u sell it later.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

There is a difference of 85K between the top end variants of Punto Evo (75 HP) and Ford Figo. Punto retails at almost 7L whereas Figo sells at 6.15L for Vadodara city (exshowroom values). Hence my suggestion to Purshottam to look for the old Punto 75 Hp.
  3. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

No matter if it is Grande Punto or Punto Evo, only place where the Figo is comparable is in the handling department where it is neck to neck. Apart from that, i don't see even a single aspect where Figo is equal/superior to Punto. I have a friend who drives a remapped Figo and when we take our cars for spins, he struggles a lot to keep up with me (this was when my car was stock).

Add to this the engine note which will not let you maintain high speeds for long unless you love grousy note!! My personal views. No offence meant.
    3 people like this.
  4. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Purushotam. I second Amogh's words above. I took advice from Amogh and Amit before I jumped into the Punto bandwagon five years ago. It has been 53K kms till date and even last weekend when I took my vehicle on a 800km drive on the highway, it still brings a lot of smiles as it did five years ago. Rock solid, no rattles and it behaves exactly the way it did when it was new. I guess it is because of the rock solid build that FIAT cars are engineered for. FIATs definitely are built for the long haul and you can easily go on for 8~10 years.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and pabhishek like this.
  5. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Everybody has said number of things in comparison, so i am not refreshing it.

When i want to buy my first car Figo is listed on top of my list after research I found that Figo has problematic Back Suspension and they are not able to solve this problem till date. After some run in the back suspension will start giving the aging sign. Rejected immediately.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Purshotam77 welcome to TFi.

You are looking for the first family car & I can say one thing Punto any version you go it's a perfect value for money family car. For a family car the first thing came into mind is safety as well as comfort. Punto's safety features are already discussed. Punto's comfort is far better compared to Figo. The comfort is not for the driver and the front co passenger, the comfort for the rear sitters too. You & your family will enjoy the long ride. Evo looks outstanding in each aspects than comparing Figo.

I will suggest go for EVO over old punto... It's hot.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Owning a FIAT - Icing on the cake - Dedicated forum, pool of fiat friends, plant visits, good service and a FIAT Family.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @OP: Check service availability of both cars in the vicinity before deciding. Can't say about Ford but Fiat will just turn a blind eye if you are beyond the coverage area.
    rajeev_pillai likes this.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    :Off Topic : Long time Gopi!! How are you doing?

Glad to hear the Punto is treating you well.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    There is a dealership called as Bhaskara Fiat. I think there are members here who bought from them.

Where you stay Rituraj I wish people gather and collectively approach Fiat via some petition. I am sure there are plans, but if only they could appoint service points first rather than full-fledged dealerships.