1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO EVO-SPEAKER UPGRADE

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Hari baskaran, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Hari baskaran

Hari baskaran Timido

Dharmapuri
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I would like to upgrade the speakers of my 2 month old punto evo 1.3 emotion.eventhough iam not an audiophile the stock speakers of punto evo doesnt satisfy me,i was previously using an alto in which i had a basic set up of pioneer HU and jbl co axials(no amp,no components) which sounds a much crisper and punchier than the stock ones in my new punto.the speakers in punto produce a muddy bass and the distorts after a particular volume.my concerns are,

1.since the car is only two months old, Am I risking my warranty by going for an upgrade?is it accepted by FASS?

2.Does fitting a new speaker in my punto evo a tedious job and cannot be done properly by some local car accessory shop(currently i live near salem,tamilnadu)?is there any need to cut wires?also heard door rattle after most of the times after installing new speakers in punto

3.if i can go for a upgrade in a good car accessories shop,what speakers should i chose for the front and back doors,need details about the size and rms?since there are tweeters in all four doors(not sure abt back doors,bt i can see a provision),should i go for components or co axials?
    since m not a audiophile i dont prefer a amp or sub,i want just 4 good sounding crisp speakers(budget 6k to 8k),also details regarding spacer and door dampening..

pls share ur opinions..
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Components the quality ones my personal preference are Infinity Kappa and Morel Maxximo. They are 3ohm components so need amps for sufficient power. Around 90-100watts rms you can check online. Without amps you could try Focal Integration series but mind you they aren't cheap either. For sound quality you can also check Pioneer D series coaxials which seem to be best bet in your case. Also newer headunits from Fiat factory have a pretty balanced output from sql point of view. The one in evo also is a capable one. Audio CD (not mp3) sound pretty clean on them and provide pretty great resolution. If you want really great output I would suggest Infinity Kappa 5.5" components coupled with Infinity Kappa 6x9s all powered via an amp. Amp needs to be capable of speaker inputs to avoid signal noise. In case of Pioneer D series also an amp will really help drive those and produce good clean output at high rms. But you can use coaxials incase you don't want too much complexity. Warranty can be issue if there is wiring cutoff at various places. Adapters as much as possible should be used to avoid warranty claim issues pertaining to parts that are affect due to audio install. A good installer will use adapters or arrange for those.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Not really. Ensure you do minimum considering the battery of Fiat car is 55 Ah and not 65Ah as in swift.(cost cutting by Fiat):banghead:

DONOT do it at local accessories shop. Get it done at Chennai or at Bangalore as they see more fiats day in and day out. Experience matters in such things. I can suggest Powerzone - Royapettah Chennai Mr. Saravana Prabhu Mobile:9841534934 who is an expert in this. But you can always choose any other expert in Chennai/ Bangalore but has sufficient experience.

I own a 3 months old Punto sports. Front components are good enough. The rear stock speakers are nothing but crap. (Fiat should have plonked old qwerty cellphone speakers). Just change rear speakers to decent components or good co-axials. Once again the technician's expertise is required for this considering battery, power output of system, speaker specifications. I'm no expert.

Dampening will reduce NVH levels and enhance audio output. But it will increase weight of already heavy doors.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 3, 2016 ---
    The effective sound output while playing CD, USB and radio are in given order (best to worst)
    CD>USB>Radio
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Karan and Hari baskaran like this.
  4. Hari baskaran

Hari baskaran Timido

Dharmapuri
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you friends for ur valuable suggestions..Chennai seems a bit far for me,bt after googling about powerzone,I found that it is recommended by many BHPians..Any such fiat expert accessory shop in banglore?(since bangalore is less than 200kms for me and my brother lives in banglore)
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  5. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    26a0943e63e6e53ac6e525c0eb5ae2d7.jpg
    Looking for this type of part to upgrade stock speakers without cutting wire if anyone done this please help to source or help to diy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I think no one updated speakers without cutting wires...

7. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    c052d40b0a2436e94f884e4d283e3626.jpg

Will this work with indian punto

8. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am looking for upgrading speakers and adding amplifier to drive them in my Punto Evo ( 6 months old ).

Please advise Guru's as my budget is limited. Searched local auto shop and get price as below.

Focal coaxial: 3000
    Focal compo: 5500
    Focal amp 4 ch : 8000

Player stock Delphi with JBL LOC : 1500
    Wiring kit : 1500

Actually i am thinking for Blaupunkt GTA 470 DSP (12000 rs) vs Focal Auditor r4280 (8000 rs).

Also thinking polk db series cox and compo but not available locally so i have to search them online..

Please advise, as i am going to spoil warranty.

MOD Note : Merging post & thread with an existing thread.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016