1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo MJD Dynamic or Emotion - Booked Emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nvishwa, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvishwa

nvishwa Timido

Bengaluru
    Hi,
    I am looking for a diesel car under 8L. I have Ritz ZDi, Tata Zest XMS and Punto Evo Dynamic in the list. My daily travel is around 60KMS and very few highway journeys. I liked Punto Evo. Wanted to go with Emotion but it is around 50K more than my budget. As most of my travel is within city limits I am OK without airbags but rear wiper/washer is a must during rains. I wanted to know how much will be the cost of fitting the same in Dynamic.

Please suggest.

Regards,
    Vishwanath
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    IMO the air bags are factory fitted and cannot be fitted outside the factory. Since the Dynamic Evo variant does have the ABS, it should suffice however you lose on the Rear wiper/washer. IMO you should invest the additional 50K and go for the Emotion variant which comes with all the safety features and the regular features.

If your requirements of Airbags and rear wipers with the said budget are met by the other contenders, then I suggest look out for them.
    MakeTheMove likes this.
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I agree with ghodlur. Do not compromise on safety features. If you have budget of 8L then it would be nice to stretch by additional 50K to get those safety features for product you choose.

Things you can try to bring down the cost by handling registration, buying insurance for car on your own to name few. This will result in saving of at least 10-15K.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Bangalore, I thing 76HP, Emotion will come in your budget.
    In 60K, you will lots of other things like Alloys, ABS, Blue&Me etc.

However Dynamic is also good variant to choose if budget is constraint. However rear wiper+washer, I don't think easily can be fitted. Do check with dealer is they can.
    ghodlur likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The brilliant alloys, bigger tyres, blue n me, airbags, rear wash n wipe, defogger, fog lamps add to the value proposition when u consider the additional cost. The emotion variant makes sense if the budget is not required.

PS: The Zest too fits the bill and has the Fiat's mulitjet under the hood. The Ritz is outdated of the lot, discard it.
  6. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    I second nkrishnap. Even airbags alone will cover that price as generally in other brand models airbags version will cost you more than 1lac. Moreover, in 50k you are getting 6 more useful things in car which is definitely a steal.
    In rains you will also require defogger and fog lamps other than rear washer.
    Extention of budget is really worth for the top end. Don't know about other but blue & me is very much handy to me while driving. One can concentrate well on roads and get things done by voice.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I too vote for emotion variant, for the safety and other features.
    If you are availing loan, difference in EMI for 50K will be minimal.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I second Ravi when he said 75HP can be bought for the budget. A difference of 15 horses doesnt make that impact in city driving atleast. Its understandable that opting for a newer launch is always beneficial but if the utility wise if the car is upgraded. Here the changes are more cosmetic.

Have you tried getting a quote for the previous gen 90HP?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Purely from the feature point, if you see the bifurcated pricing of fitting steering controls, Climate control AC, ABS, Airbag. The price difference of 50k is very low. Add to that rear wiper/washer.

Once you have the dynamic you could perhaps feel in future that having these features was more necessary and tweaking finances could have been possible perhaps after waiting a bit more at times, but getting the best offering there is near the budget or over it. ;)

If you are going for new, best to go for emotion. For a used car arguments could vary.
  10. nvishwa

nvishwa Timido

Bengaluru
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your replies. I have booked Punto Evo MJD Emotion (Magnesio Grey). I have a query on whether to go with 3M paint protection for the new car or not as the SA told that there is a warranty on the paint so we don't have to do anything further. Please advise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.