1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVO - Is Fog Lamps necessary?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by DinnY, Nov 7, 2014.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sorry for bumping up a very old thread, but i thought info may be useful for someone.

I have installed Fog lamps on my Punto EVO Dynamic MJD.

Story:
    I have purchased my car 8 months back. After a week of my purchase, i checked in Fiat sales rep on installing Fog lamp. I was clearly told that this is not possible on dynamic model as it doesn't have the required wiring and installing it will void warranty.
    On my 1st service(6th month), I was told the same that it is not possible to install fog lamp.

Last week, during under body wash i noticed a cable hanging loose. I thought service guy forgot to plug some cable during first service. When i checked with the service center i was surprised to hear that it is indeed a wiring for Fog lamp!

I had a minor accident 2 weeks back, and scratched front bumper and the dummy fog lamp socket was deformed and required replacement. I was asked whether to put the actual fog lamp socket instead of the dummy (rs.600 each for the cladding) so that it need not be replaced later when I install fog lamps. However, the FASS will not install the fog lamp, but can be installed elsewhere. I gave a go ahead for this.

Yesterday i got a call from FASS that they have almost completed the work, and they have installed Fog lamp :bored: (cost 3k each). They where asking me whether they can keep it or remove it if I don't require. I told them to keep it. Only the fog lamp switch is not available in stock now, they have ordered it and expected in 3 days.

Now, am I the only one with authentic fiat FOG lamp on EVO dynamic? :rolleyes:
    Winifred Samuel and pdash like this.
  2. Anoop M Scaria

Anoop M Scaria Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    rejin_r,

I also own a evo dynamic and was looking out for a fog lamp badly. Can you shed some light on the service centre who did this and where.
  3. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am getting it done from Kannur(Kerala). Looks like the cost is very steep. I will get the car delivery and bill by day after tomorrow.
    I shall update will all relevant details.
  4. Anoop M Scaria

Anoop M Scaria Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    ok Thank you.

Even I am from Kerala, Alleppey.:happy:.Please share more details with pics once you get the delivery.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Fog lamp for polo costs 5k each and that too was way back in 2011. Still evo' fog costly? :smuggrin:
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I have upgraded my 5 months old Avventura's fog lamps from OE to Hella +Philips HID 55W.And the OE lamps with bulbs are lying idle at my home. Check if Avventura fogs can be fitted with Punto Evo?
    I am happy to give it at 60 %of its cost.
  7. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I am a newbie, and relatively new to the price of accessories .

It cost me around 11k.

Price Breakup :
    Fog lamp: 6070
    Ornament: 3140
    Labour: unknown
    Swtich : pending (should be around 500)

Exact price is not clear, as I had other services also.

Pics

Before

DSC_0293.jpg

After

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3

Is the HELLA a direct for in Avventura. Please share details like model number and cost. Will check out of the same or a different model can be fitted into Grande Punto.
  9. Suman Banerjee

Suman Banerjee Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @rejin_r, good to know that you have managed to get fog lamps fitted on you dynamic. Well I have a Dynamic too, and I have asked the Fiat Service center guys regarding your experience and they had an amazed look on there face, so they have asked if you can share your invoice so that they can have an idea about the parts required get it installed.

One more thing me too have seen wires dangling out of my punto near the front bumper.

This will be a great help if you can post the details on this.
  10. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I would personally feel the old Punto was more prettier and cute.