1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - FE and Other Queries

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sam812, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Active MJD could be in the range, the MJD Active and Dynamic has nearly 1L difference. Let's not speculate :), and wait for sam to confirm.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    No no active
  3. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    price_evo.jpg

The quote that i got is 6.3L for Punto Evo active diesel. which is 60K more than @sam812 managed to get...
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Road Taxes are WAY lower in delhi ncr man. And maybe the 'handling' charges too?
  5. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    ok..i get it buddy.. just wanted to know the breakup, so that we can compare.. :)
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I don't fully get this 'handling charges' business, btw. Can someone elucidate? How is one to figure out what is 'fair' as opposed to excessive?
  7. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    AFAIK, 'handling charges' is the cost incurred in bringing the vehicle from the plant to the dealer. which included fuel cost, driver expenses and the insurance/damage cost on transit.
    I have heard that it cost nearly 10K unless the car is delivered near the manufacturing plant, like the one in Pune.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ghodlur and prabhjot like this.
  9. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    the ex-showroom price quoted to me from my native(Kannur, Kerala) is ~3k more than the price quoted to me in Chennai.
    But the difference is road tax and other break ups makes Punto, 3k cheaper in native than in Chennai

IMG-20140916-WA0005.jpg
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The components which help the dealer make an additional profit (over the commision they get for selling each vehicle) is in the handling charges, inflated road tax+registration & Inflated insurance cost. As Ravi said handling charges are anyways illegal, so dont bother to pay. Check the actual road tax % in your state, you will surprised to know that you are gifting an additional 3K to the dealer who demands it as charges for greasing RTO officials. Thirdly opt for Insurnace from outsde, you wil save another 4-5 K. So the overall savings would be in the range of around 10K.

Ravi - I guess the difference of 20K should be including any LBT or octroi charges applicable for the city.
    prabhjot likes this.