1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - FE and Other Queries

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sam812, Sep 13, 2014.

1. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Hi, i was planning on buying a punto evo..i know its a fantastic car better than many in dis segment but i really im concerned about the mileage...as many people i have asked, report their mileage around 13-14 in city..as i would be driving in city in delhi only i need some insight on this..please help
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi, am presuming you're keen on the 75 HP diesel. Mileage depends on traffic conditions in your routes, driving style etc. but I think 13-14 kpl is a minimum in Delhi traffic, with Ac on always. The MJD engine opens up gradually, you'll get even more after a few thousand kms. On more open roads (e.g., nh8 to Gurgaon at non-rush-hour times, outer ringroad at times) you can easily get upwards of 20/22(for those stretches.)

Of course, you've got to drive smart, if you do: mileage on the mjd will be the last thing to worry about. (I have a G Punto 75 mjd active, pretty happy with it too)

cheers, all the best
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to know that you are Planning to buy Punto Evo. i own Fiat Linea T-jet and am getting 12-15 Kmpl in City and 17-20+ on Highways (95 % Ac On). if you are planning to buy Diesel variant am sure that you will get 15-17 Kmpl in city according to other MJD Owners in the forum am not sure Experts here will help you in this.
  4. Dann

Dann Novizio

Hi Sam, you need not worry about mileage with respect to Punto Evo. The company actually claims an increased mileage of 1 km per liter more than the outgoing model. I am getting 15 km/liter in peak morning traffic and I am sure this will only increase as the engine settles down.
  5. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Thanks alot guys. Btw one more thing, should i push them for more discounts? I was offered 5000 after a bit negotiating. Also i would like to get the dynamic stereo in active. Will that be possible? And how would you say the sound quality is seeing the one in the last punto?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sam, I have moved your queries to a new thread.

Regarding Fuel efficiency, 13-14 or 15 is reasonable expectation for bad city traffic. This is what you would get any car.
    Have a look at this thread, http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fuel-efficiency-of-fiat-cars-in-india.205/, there are some stunning FE achieved by few owners.

Better look for aftermarket Headunits, there are lots and better option available.
    Try with some other accessories.

BTW, from which city you are? Update the profile correctly.
  7. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    I did but its not getting saved. Some problem with the site.

I'm still deciding. I'm scared about ASS and availability of spare parts. I'll be searching for a good deal. I'll book soon. Like a week or two..
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Have you Booked the car?
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which city are you from? Most of the major cities doesn't have any issue with service and spare.

Can you put details, how are you doing this, screen shots will be helpful.
  10. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Done Now! Btw I'm from delhi.