1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by santoshmandali, Sep 8, 2014.

1. santoshmandali

santoshmandali Amatore

Bengaluru, Vijayawada
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Finally, I now own a Punto Evo Emotion - Red colour.

I had challenges from delivery to post delivery so far but the drive on punto makes me forget it. It is an amazing machine.

It all started in last week of June, initially decided to go for Punto Grande, but was shown cars crossing 140+km on the odo by Vecto motors. Did not go for them and one fine says I saw this beauty "Punto Evo" and my mind & heart wanted to go for it.

Made the payment on 6th of August 2014 and was promised a delivery on 14th of August.

The day 14th August, Vecto motors tell me that car is still on the way and will reach by 16th. On 16th I was told that they got a Dynamic red but not Emotion red. I lost my patience and blasted the Vecto motors people. The managers now tell me that they placed an order and car will be delivered by 28th (have a confirmation email) along with some compliments. The same time Elite i20 was released but did not want to go for it. I was okay for the delay.

On 28th, I get a call from Senior manager saying, the car did not reach Bangalore and is till on the way. Did not know what to do but still I wanted to wait for Punto Evo (not any other car). They confirmed that the car will be delivered by 1st of Sep'14 and if not I have put forward my conditions (complete amount back, with cancellation charges and interest).

The beauty arrived on 1st Sep'14. I have preferred a delivery on 5th of Sep'14. Went in the morning to take the car during the auspicious time. My mother quickly did a check and identified that that back boot door is not aligned properly. Had a look at it and yes there is more space towards the right between the body and door and negligible on the left side. There were scratches on the left front door. The showroom guys quickly sorted out, however it was just a brush paint job and still not a decent alignment (Guess all cars have similar issues in alignment of the back boot door). Also the remote key has not arrived yet and they said they will hand it over once it comes. They also promised to get the registration done by delivery but did not.

After these initial stuff finally took the delivery on 5th Sep'14 (evening) and drive back.

Now the after sales stuff (the next day i.e. 6th Sep'14), I missed checking the mid portion of the tyres (Goodyear) during PDI . It seems like the rubber portion has been scraped at two places for the front two tyres. It is not common so took it back to the showroom. They have clicked the photograph and said it will be covered under warranty and will have to wait until the tyre guys check and validate. This is the update so far.

Overall the sales / after sales experience was pathetic but gets overridden with the beauty and driving dynamics of Punto Evo.

BTW I tried contacting Fiat during with these issues and no one seem to bother about it :(

It will not be a leader until they look the service part.

Will post the pics of the car once I have these issues closed in couple of days.

Regards,
    Santosh
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
  2. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    First of All congratulations on your new drive. It is definitely THE Best vehicle in this segment around. But disheartening to learn that FIAT dealers are still screwing the company. Anyways as you mentioned that one can forget all the negatives when drives the FIAT. So enjoy the ride.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Congratulations for your new Evo. Please upload some nice pictures of your Evo.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @santoshmandali for your new drive.
    Felt bad for your sales experience. Post pics once you sort all the issues.
    You bought red, Right? :shamefullyembarrased: THat looks great on EVo.
  6. coolrider

coolrider Timido

TVM/JORHAT
    Congrats for newRed evo. Please put the photo of beauty and write a detail review. I think Fiat is slow in depatching vehicles to their customers. From last july I am in contact with my place Fiat showroom.On aug I am able to see two white evo s prior to launch date at their backyard. The CR's are not able to tell the dates of arrival of new evo's. Last week also they are expecting the cars.
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats Santhosh for the Ferrari :) but sad to hear your buying experience.Hope you will get a well deserved service in the coming years.
  8. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulation on owning Punto EVO!!!
    Please share loads of picture of EVO.

This seems to be another ignorance case by FIAT dealer and big time improvement is needed. I don't understand why these people are so ignorant. They are not even able to cope up with small volume.

FIAT India need to look into these issues now.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Cheers to you man, well done!

Dealers: why not just be transparent? Under-promise and over-deliver (on time lines) rather than the opposite! It just messes with the whole experiential pleasure of acquiring a new car (very important to Indians), and hurts the brand.

Congrats again, the Punto remains an age-proof design, it'll be a visual pleasure for you and others many years from now, no?.
  10. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    congratulations on your new ride.. happy smiles ahead..