1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVO Diesel - 75 or 90 HP? - Booked 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by jovi2403, Oct 22, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Maybe a carpet can be put on the existing dead pedal to bring it at the same level of the clutch pedal, kind of DIY job. Then the dead pedal would be far more useful.

@jovi2403 - Maybe you can opt for the carpet as said above for the difference in the levels.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Carpet can be thought of. However I felt that the width of the dead pedal is less compared to the old PUNTO. Is it not so?
  3. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I too personally feel that, raising the dead pedal higher than the clutch pedal will definitely serve its purpose. Any material about 1-2 cm thick should do the trick.
    joeswatmail and prabhjot like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Just ensure that the angle of the leg resting on the dead pedal shouldn't be more than the angle of the foot when depressing the clutch pedal or it can become an ergonomical issue. Might start experiencing pain in the legs. Add to that absence of correct thigh support might aggreviate it. I had planned it but dropped it due to the above issue.
  5. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Also people with big Shoes can completely avoid the dead pedal my installing a tapering wedge on the dead pedal so that the shoe don't get stuck on the dead pedal when using the clutch. This is just a thought if one wants to completely decide to not use the dead-pedal and don't want it interfering with the use of clutch pedal.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here is how I use the foot rest--it may look orthodox but I have become habituated with that so no pain/ache.(Sorry for poor demonstration)

footrest.png
  7. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Congratulation for 90 hp
  8. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @jovi2403, congratulations!!! Which color did you finally choose? You seem to have disappeared after taking the delivery of the Punto. ;) Looking forward to hear back on your experience and some pics.
  9. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Was shuttling between Chennai, Bangalore and Madurai. So disappeared temporarily. I haven't taken the delivery yet. Booked white 90 with kht motors. Expecting the delivery by mid of Jan. Haven't got the dispatch/vin info yet.
    sandipan_r15 and prabhjot like this.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,
    At last, I took the delivery of EVO 90HP WHITE on a Friday evening (9th Jan 15). Took the delivery from Fiat Caffe, (KHT), Bangalore. Delivery process was smooth from the beginning. This weekend would munch around 1000 Km. So will test this beast a little.
    Expecting all niggles, which I saw in my 76hp MJD. Hope there won’t be any surprises which get added new to the list.
    Whatever said and done, Love this vehicle.

Thanks for all the members who have provided their inputs helping for my decision.