1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVO Diesel - 75 or 90 HP? - Booked 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by jovi2403, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Jovi2403 go for 90 hp
    With remap
    And feel
    Like pilot of jet
    On highway
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Jovi...

You have more mileage munching on highway. Simply go for 90hp.

Ravi sir mentioned that NVH is same. But IMHO, high speed(140+ kmph) NVH is much better in 90Hp.

But yeah.
    As everyone suggested, I too would say to go for Avventura. Looks awesome, feels awesome and it just glides through the rough patches of roads. I TD it yesterday and I just loved it.

Cheers.

Neel
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Jovi
    Avvi is king on road
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Naughty, @DILIP, Thanks for your suggestions. None in my family liked Avventura. May be they also didn't like the spare wheel positioned on the boot and the vibration comments told by the salesperson. Sorry, if I hurt any potential or existing Avventura owners. It is just my personal opinion.

I rode 90HP on one friday evening, on NICE road. Bad day to have a test drive though:D.
    It rocked, clicked 150 KMPH and man its a game. I liked it and made my mind/heart for it. Told my bro that I clicked 150 KMPH, the word spread to my dad and they both decided to put a halt for 90HP and go for 76HP. Thinking that I would race in road :)

Now, I have my mom and wife by my side for 90HP and my heart as well. Got a call from sales person over the weekend and I was told that I can take the 90HP EVO @ 8.6L (Insurance amount discounted and corporate discount). Looks like a good deal. Will keep you posted when I book the EVO.

Thanks all.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 17, 2014 ---
    BTW, Had anyone felt that the gap between the DEAD PEDAL and CLUTCH PEDAL in EVO is too short when compared to the GP. When I was test driving, I felt that my shoes were rubbing the Clutch pedal when I rest my feet on the DEAD PEDAL. It is a serious point which is still running in my mind. Need others inputs here.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  5. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Finally paid the advance at VECTO motors over the weekend for EVO 90HP. Will go with WHITE or RED. Will take the final call on the color, as I am waiting to have a look of a EVO in RED as there is no stock available.
    If I am not getting a chance then I would go for WHITE and get it delivered within a week as stock is available.
    sandipan_r15 and punto_emotion like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Ravi. I have seen these pics, earlier. Wanted to see how the new red (as told by sales person) looks in real for the EVO.
  8. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I test drove both the Punto and Evo... And yes... I felt the foot rest does hinder while operating the Clutch in Evo...
    May be it will get used to in the due course... No biggie...
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "May be it will get used to in the due course... No biggie..."---EXACTLY.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks. Good that I got responses now on the foot rest. I made my mind saying the same to myself. "U ll get used to it"
    However my shoe size is if US12 :)