1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVO Diesel - 75 or 90 HP? - Booked 90HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by jovi2403, Oct 22, 2014.

1. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi all,

I am planning to buy PUNTO EVO. Just wanted your thoughts on whether to go for EVO 75HP EMOTION or 90HP (Diesel). I own a 2012 model 1.3MJD emotion, now. I am planning to upgrade that car later after ticking 1L KM. Right now it has done 60K, and put that in my native for my parents.

So, to summarize I have a fair experience on what a 75HP is capable of, however not aware of the 90HP breed.

My reservations:

1. Bimonthly travel for 1200 KM on highways and 100 KM/MONTH in city

2. For my driving style I get 18.5 KMPL for a 450 KM highway drive.

3. I love to cruise @ 100 - 110 KMPH on free roads

4. No budget constraints for any of the 2 EVO, but have constraint for LINEA though :)

I want your comments on which one to go wrt the below or any other points which would best support my need.

1. Mileage

2. Power on highways

3. Turbo lags

4. NVH

Thanks, in advance.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You should look at this thread once - http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/punto-evo-75-vs-90hp.12705/.

1. Mileage - It will be similar on road. Since ARAI is little more for 75hp for EVO, you might get little more.

2. Power on Highway - 90hp will be better choice here. Since you travel more on highway, this is a big plus point in favour of 90hp.

3. Turbo lag- 90 HP has little more lag, but mostly felt in city drive. Highway no difference.

4. NVH - same.

Other point to keep in mind, 75 HP and 90 HP has different interiors. 75 has beige while 90 HP has full black. Check out which one you like.

And finally, if decide to go ahead with 90hp, look at Avventura as well;).
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @jovi2403

As @Ravi rightly said your requirements will be perfectly met by the 90 HP. Since you are already familiar with the 75 HP, then you should look out for the 90HP.

Instead of the Punto Evo, why dont you opt for the hot flavour of the month the Avventura?
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    In keeping with the already expressed opinions, I would also suggest a serious look at the Avventura.

With regards to Evo 75 vs 90, go for the 90 as you already have tried the 75 and now give the 90 a try. All the best and keep us posted!

Cheers.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go for avventura as all are hoping the last product from Punto's era and you have a reason to say " Tried all Puntos in the league". ;) Jokes apart.

You should be looking at Avventura or New Linea.
    prabhjot and VIJENDRA SINGH like this.
  6. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the responses. Responses are towards 90hp buy. So I will consider and let u guys know before I make the decision.

Ya, interiors aspects are known to me from the review and a had a look in person. 90hp interiors r stunning, though.

For Aventura:
    I want a timeless look in fact and I donot like evo in one aspect ie for the chrome usage.

Having said that when it comes to aventura, I didn't like it. Its my personal opinion. Read the reviews and had a look in the showroom this morning. So it is not in my league. I reject it in practicality aspect, like how much would it add value for my needs?
  7. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well for highway and off roading Avventura will definitely have upper hand because of high GC and bigger tyres.

It will definitely be more grounded because of 205 width of tyres. Moreover, I has got refreshing looks and will make heads turn.

However, Evo on the other hand will be pocket friendly as you will get more discount on Evo because of Avventura launch. Avventura spare wheel setup will be pain in city where security checks boot before entrance.

IMO there will be pros and cons of everything you choose, its up to your requirements and heart you should choose. If owning a refreshing looks machine and suv types go with Avventura.
    Naughty likes this.
  8. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @himanshu4886, well said. Aventura is a refreshed vehicle. But few other things like the space utilization in the boot with wheel being removed and too much of plastic skirtings round the car (may be an SUV thing).
    But somehow, my heart is not falling towards avventura though my head turned towards it.
  9. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Then 90 hp should be your next companion mate. King on highway and modest in city.

Grab some discount available and join the league.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya. On enquiry, I was told I can avail 10k worth of free accessories and 5k cash discount. That too its an diwali offer, it seems. This is on all evos. I m at bgl and enquiry is with VECTO motors