1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVo - Choosing the best color

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kumar2005, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Amit Gandhi

Amit Gandhi Timido

Ahmednagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Am 100% agree with you bout deciding color between black n red because am myself also in same boat right now.. well how much was the On Road Price your friend have paid for the 90hp? And which dealer n city?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Amit,

OTR is 8.15L including reverse parking sensors (body color), floor mats, mud flaps and door stills.
    City : Hyderabad, Dealer : AV Motors.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Amit Gandhi likes this.
  3. Amit Gandhi

Amit Gandhi Timido

Ahmednagar
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info sir..
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Saket Sidana @Amit Gandhi I am planning to book an Evo this month. Magnesio Grey, Glitterati Gold and Pearl White are my options. I've not seen any Gold Evo cars in this forum. Why isn't anyone going for it? Magnesio Grey looks awesome. If James Bond were to drive a Punto it would be this colour as it somehow reminds me of 007. Coming to my third choice, the pearl white colour. Is it metallic? I don't know how white can be a metallic colour. Does it look even more impressive than in the pictures?
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ Aniket Dessai, We have a GG Evo as TD car at AV Motors here and it's more than an year old. The car somehow looks dull.
    Also are you planning 90HP, if yes then from the info I have Red and Black are out of stock, only a few cars in M Grey were available (this info was from the factory stock sheet, dated last week of Nov). The dealership did mention that white was in stock though.
    Pearl White is a Non metallic from what I know.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Except red, all are metallic colors. Mine is pearl white.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. kumar2005

kumar2005 Timido

Bangalore,Erode
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I have chosen RED color and got delivered on 27th Nov. Only concern for me is the mileage . I'm a learner and drove almost 500KM - mostly in city . Getting on avg mileage of 7KM/lt. Most of the time I drove in 2nd and 3rd Gear. Planning to go for longer drive on this x'mas holiday and thought of checking the mileage on highways.

Also accidently drove the car aroun 5KM on Handbrakes . Will it have impact on Engine Performance ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 13, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 13, 2015 ---
    Sorry its around 8.9 l/100 . comes around 11 KM/L . Please let me know how to improve this. Really concerned on this

20151213_223308.jpg
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    No it won't impact engine but definitely to brakes. Wait for at least 2K kms to complete. Post that you can start noting fuel efficiency.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ kumar2005,

Your Punto is absolutely fine. 11kmpl when mostly driven in gear 2& 3 is good FE. The car is just 500km old so let it settle down. You did mention that you are still learning so that possibility of riding with the clutch is more, so the FE would be on the lower side.
    You will slowly come up the learning curve, and FE too would improve with time.
    On the hand break part, 5km is short so don't worry too much about it. FIAT cars do come with an audible alarm when being driven with hand break, so kindly start paying more attention to the alarms, the warning symbols and messages on the dashboard too.
    Enjoy your drive and the car, nothing to panic or be concerned about at this point of time.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    kumar2005 likes this.
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @kumar2005 Depending on traffic conditions that is actually a good FE that you are getting :) Do not go by ARAI rated figures - FE is far lower than what is being claimed for all car manufacturers and more so if you are driving only in 2nd or 3rd gear.

p.s. The i20 Elite does not have a mileage reading to avoid such problems :)