1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVo - Choosing the best color

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kumar2005, Nov 5, 2015.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    My opinion Pearl white is best. It really shines out in the night and classy. You can do contrast black top as well as some nice sticker work that stand out. Honestly IMO dark shades dont suit the Punto. It gets dirty and is not very visible on the road. Fiat should give more lighter and brighter shades. The exotic red is fantastic too. I own a Pearl white Evo:)

Abdul EVO1.jpg
    Turbothinghy, dhinas, Deepak and 7 others like this.
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    For Red, you'll need to maintain it pretty well. If you could do that, then it's the one to drool for!
    Check out Magnesio Grey. It's different than rest of the colors and chrome looks fantastic on this color. It's not a difficult color to maintain also per my experience of 1 year with TJet.
    My vote in priority order{highest first}: Red, Magnesio Grey, White.
    kumar2005 and Raaz like this.
  3. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Zero-ing on fiat itself is a kind of mad love. Then why asking for color? Go for the color which you like man. Don't compromise on color. Just go by what your heart says. It can never be wrong.
    @jumu I love what you have done. That thin red line and black top. It is just awesome!
    SVN, jumu and Raaz like this.
  4. kumar2005

kumar2005 Timido

Bangalore,Erode
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Dear All,
    Thanks everyone for your kind responses . Though my family members likes Magnesio Grey, I have chosen the "Red" color . Noticed that,Red color is non metallic one - question which haunting me is the Red color(Especially Non Metallic) fades easier than other color . This is my first car , I would like to keep this for more years. Most of the time I have to park my car under direct sunlight. Not Metallic color fades quickly than Metallic one ?

Thanks in Advance .
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

The New gen paints on the latest cars dont fade. They are all rated at UV 8 + which is the highest rating. If such paints are to fade then they will not survive in places like the middle east. So rest easy. Go ahead with your choice. Its a standout colour on the road especially with the gleaming chrome.

abdul
    Amit Gandhi likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    There are many TFI members who own ER color Grande Punto and there color did not fade in last 4-5 years. I have seen few ER Puntos in Pune and they look awesome.

Go ahead with ER Punto Evo with Black roof & blackned chrome parts (near front & rear fog lights) and it will look killer.
    Amit Gandhi likes this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Electric Red is a good colour. It is also easily visible. My advise - use a good quality car cover to protect the surface.
    Amit Gandhi likes this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    You have chosen well Kumar, Red will look far more better and sportier than Grey, which though is a good shade from Fiat, is still too sober for a Punto.

Nowadays on the Fiat cars I notice that the paint quality is very good so as long as you maintain the paint, it will look great for years to come. Don't wash the car daily, just brush the dust off with a good duster and it won't get the swirl marks nor will it loose it's shine. A wax polish once in a few months will keep the gloss nicely.
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    A close friend recently booked a 90 HP Evo in Exotica Red.

He had a tough time deciding between the finalists, the black and the red. The car does look smashing in both these colors.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    For me perl white is the best.
    Black is awesome.
    ER looks hot but need to maintain as after scratches the car looks bad, very bad.

I wish Electric blue needs to back in production again. :)
    PradeepM likes this.