1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - Buying Query

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Amit Rox, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone.
    Am planing to buy Punto Evo 1.3MJD Emotion. I want to confirm whether auto-headlights and rain sensing wipers are available in this model.
    Thanks
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    You can read the official punto evo review in thia forum amit.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  3. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have read that "The automatic headlamps and Rain sensing wipers should have carried forward from the Linea to add more to the equipment list. DRLs would have been a welcome addition in the looks department. Reverse sensors should have been standard. Competition (specially Hyundai) offers a lot more kit as a differentiating factor."
    But according to sales guy these features are present.
    Am confused.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No they are not. I have them on my new Linea T-jet: auto-headlamps do have some utility but i don't see the need for rain-sensing wipers, just a bit of a Hyundai-style gimmick actually, IMO. Not all 'features' are equally important or even rational, I have decided. Don't particularly care for the cruise control facility either! And that means that, to me, the Punto Evo emotion has pretty much all the good, meaningful stuff. Except for parking sensors?

do post more about your Evo, its dealer etc as you proceed, will you?

cheers, man!
    Amit Rox likes this.
  5. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks, just received a call from showroom guy and he admitted it that punto doesn't have these two features.
    well am planing to buy a hatch, until last week i was keen on buying vv polo 1.5 Highline.
    yesterday i took TD of punto evo and i found it VFM machine. Am still confused between emotion and 90hp sport.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    If your drive is more on city limit go for 75 hp emotion.
  7. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My monthly run is approx 2000km. Which includes highway, hilly terrain mostly. Moreover, we don't have traffic problem in my city so most of the time roads are open.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes, the evo is great value of the good sorts (style, build, ride-handling, braking, tyres...)!

If you have that much hill driving: go for the 75 hp mjd, its low gear driveability is better for climbs i feel, the 90 hp is a superb highway high gear, high speed cruiser, but as you know does have a pronounced bias towards the mid-range. Having said that, nothing one cannot get used to, i think. TD-ed them both?

cheers

Edit: Oops, apologies to Dann for the OT posts! Dann's the better guy to be answering these queries. :)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Amit Rox likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you can, wait for few weeks and see how Fiat prices Avventura, this should suit you more for terrain you drive.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  10. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    90 hp variant isn't available at showroom for TD.I did TD of emotion. I just love it, especially the steering as my current car is Hyundai i10.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 19, 2014 ---
    yes , I can wait.
    prabhjot likes this.