1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo: Adding Dynamic's features in Active variant.

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by vibin, Mar 10, 2015.

1. vibin

vibin Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

I have booked a Punto Evo 1.3 active and have been waiting for the registration and delivery. Im going for a 2014 model as I got reasonable offer for the previous year car. Unfortunately no dynamic variant is available. Now I am willing to do the below mentioned cosmetic changes which doesn't exist in Active. Is it possible to replace the already existing below mentioned parts with the following ones of the higher variants.
    1. Gear knob of dynamic variant.
    2. chrome coated inner door handle
    3. Outer silver door handles
    4. rear head-rest
    5. front grill chrome(horizontal part at the middle of the grill). Refer attached image. dsc_0434-jpg.66032.jpg
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear Vibin,

how much is the OTR prices you are paying after discount?

yes you can do all the changes you mentioned but it might cost you SOME AMOUNT.

1. Gear knob of dynamic variant_ http://rightfitcarseatcovers.com/rate.html
    2. chrome coated inner door handle_FROM FASS, please check the prices
    3. Outer silver door handles_ i think you can do it from outside
    4. rear head-rest_http://rightfitcarseatcovers.com/rate.html
    5. front grill chrome(horizontal part at the middle of the grill). Refer attached image.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  3. vibin

vibin Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for replying Bibin. It comes around 6.18L OTR.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @vibin

Congrats on the buy. The mods you have listed seem more like a cosmetic changes. Does the Active variant comes with front fog lamps?? Or the pic attached was just for representation??
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  5. vibin

vibin Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear Ghodlur,

No, active variant doesn't come with front fog lamp. Only the emotion and 90hp variant comes with front fog lamps. The previously attached pic was for reference.

Any idea about the cost of dynamic/emotion variant's gear knob? I couldn't find it online. As you can see in the attached pic with this reply, active variant misses, chrome door(inner) handle and comes with a simple gear knob.

Thanks

IMG_20150307_184922057.jpg
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Vibin,

i would suggest you to avoid Gear knob, i have seen some cars where the knob has been peeled off and it looks disgusting.

Thanks
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I will suggest instead of gear knob of dynamic, go for 90hp leather one.
    Rear seat rest of active are fixed I guess. So you will required to replace the complete back seat for neck rest.
    For Door handles outer & inner go for again 90 hp.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. vibin

vibin Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Bibin, pdash and rishike007 for your advice..Got the car delivered yesterday. I am planning to change the horns alone for now since the current one is a single tone and sounds too feeble. Emotion comes with a dual-tone horn. Also, please suggesnt me if I should go for any kind of coating??

Posted a daytime pic.

IMG_20150314_125742221.jpg
    varoon9999, rishike007 and pdash like this.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats. First and foremost remove that blue strip tied to the bonnet. It adds swirls and scratches to the bonnet.

While upgrading the horn ensure to get horns that have same coupler as provided by Fiat, so that there is minimum wire addition. Hella has a few horns which come with coupler, check my ownership update to get pics.

Coating is good if you want to spend money on it, but coating is effective if it get correct curing, just applying it is not that great. Also, before you do any coating, do ensure proper paint correction is done if required and all swirls are fixed....

Nice choice of color