1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo 90 Hp from Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Turbothinghy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro the only aspect in which 75 hp scores slightly better than 90 hp is city driving. But recently Fiat has released an ecu update for 90 hp mjds which has made the lower end response better than before so now the difference in city driving has been bridged to an extent. So if you have budget for 90 hp you shouldn't think further.

90 hp advantages over 75 hp:
    1) More powerful engine which makes the highway driving more exciting. And once you get used to driving it, even city driving is good.
    2) Bigger wheels for better grip even though the alloys look bland in front of 75 hp.
    3) All black interiors. Looks sporty and easier to maintain.
    4) A much quieter cabin.
    5) Smoked headlights.

I was in a similar dilemma when I was finalizing my 90 hp 5 months back, but as the difference between the 75 hp and 90 hp was only 30k which made my choice easier.
  2. rajeshenvy

rajeshenvy Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The Italian Stallion is here!

2913ba0228e11e6b5a48a60568e36586.jpg
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Rajesh !!.
    Wishing you many happy (s) miles ahead !!!
  4. Kiran_Borra

Kiran_Borra Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hearty Congratulations Rajesh!
    Magnesio Grey colour looks fantastic in EVO!
    If you are interested get the roof and mirrors coloured glossy black... Will look amazing
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @rajeshenvy

What a colour man. Total paisa vasool. I guess after the Tuscan wine, Magnesio grey comes second in my list. But if the Abarth with matte grey is released, then that will topple the rest.

Anyways, have a blast. Start an ownership thread, post lots of pics and enjoy driving the scorcher.
    @Turbothinghy - I have not experienced any change in the NVH level between the 75 and 90 HP older and Evo versions. IMO the alloys in both the versions are not eye catching. Waiting for the scorpion alloys.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur : I felt that 90 HP was a lot better than the 75 HP as far as NVH is concerned (At idle and higher RPMs). I guess 90 HP is more refined.Other Punto owners can clarify this. I might be wrong.
    Abhiram Bavisetty likes this.
  7. rajeshenvy

rajeshenvy Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, Abarth in matte grey would be killer. I liked the Tuscan wine too, but I felt it's hard to maintain.I will have a ownership thread with a lot of pics soon.
    Cheers!
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Abhiram Bavisetty. 90 hp eyes closed mate. I was in the same dilema 15 months back. Bought the 90 HP and enjoyed every metre of the 23 k kms driven till date. No doubt 75 feels sprightly due to lesser lag but the 90 HP opens up well as you munch more miles. Besides after the recent ECU update folks are reporting that 90 hp is lot better in the city now with some torque available from as low as 1300 rpms. I am yet to get the ECU update done though. You would learn to drive around the lag. Take it from out on to highways and 90 HP is all @ home. The thrust past 2000 rpms in the 3rd gear onwards is something to be experienced. Fiat chassis allows the car to a top speed of close to 190 km and you can drive all day long in the 130s. Torque is available all the way till 4000 rpms. You can even go further but higher till 4500 rpms but the progress is a pretty slow beyond 4K rpms.

All in all 90 HP is a better car offering more value for money. The difference in price paid is for the larger alloys, black interiors, more than 15 additional horses and some more torque. Its more of a beast that the 75 HP one and shows its full strength out on the highways. With better city drivability after the ECU update its a no brainer if it fits your budget. The 75 HP would be fine if you can't stretch your budget. You would get drool worthy alloys with the Emotion 75 HP
  9. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @nibedk very well put across mate. A complete owners prospective well written. I definitely agree with you with the difference being marginal, 90 HP with all the add-on's just becomes more exotic.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Rajesh ! That's a stunning car. I'm waiting for Abarth punto, but these pics are tempting me not to wait till November.