1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo 90 Hp from Hyderabad

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rajeshenvy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Abhiram Bavisetty

Abhiram Bavisetty Timido

Kushaiguda
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @nibedk
    Thanks for the clarification. I am waiting for October sooo eagerly. Am gonna get married In october and currently busy with family stuff.But with no delay after marriage I will put my plans into actuals to get this sexy car to home.

Regarding budget, am going for 80% loan. so hopefully budget should not be a problem as there are crucial points like enhanced city driveability with 90hp. I need to commute around 60k daily from home to workplace to and fro daily.

Also I like to mention that am a starter with car driving and evo will be my ever first car.But my luv for cars is from past 20yrs and my luv for punto is from past 10yrs :D
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro I do 40 kms up down daily and Punto 90 HP isnt that bad as a city car. Its just blown out of proportion. You will get used to it and would love driving it even in the city. Its even better that this is your first car, you wont have pre-concieved notions.
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Abhiram Bavisetty . Good that its your first car so you do not have any comparison. I drove a Swift as well which we sold recently with more than 1.1 lacs on the odo. I have never had any issues with the 90 HP even though its not as nimble as a Swift. Besides my Swift was a petrol one so for me moving on to a diesel should ideally have created more problems. Except for the first few weeks which I took to learn how to manage the lag and be in the turbo zone was bothersome. After that it was all fun riding the loads of torque available in the mid range.But with close to 20 years of driving experience I have sub consciously learned to adapt to each and every car so as to get the maximum out of it. I have driven lot of great cars ranging from Beetle to Dodges and I feel that this drivability part is usually blown out of proportions. There is a lag below 1800 RPMs but you would learn to deal with it and stay in the turbo zone. Don't worry it would come naturally to you in two weeks time.

One more point is I use my car exclusively for road trips and weekend getaways with family. All of us @ home use two wheelers for commutation. So very less travel in the congested city roads. Not more than 2-3 times a week.
  4. Abhiram Bavisetty

Abhiram Bavisetty Timido

Kushaiguda
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @nibedk I am travelling daily 50-60kms from past 5years/in hyderabad and personally I love biking. Even though there are no Back pain sort of issues, now a days after closely watching few accidents that too on city roads, I have decided that it is time to shift myself from bike to car. So most of the time my car is going to run between office and home. By the way, what is the average mileage you guys are able to get in city traffic?
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. rajeshenvy

rajeshenvy Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I'm doing 50 kms daily with the 90hp since I got it, trust me the lag issue is blown out of proportion. I'm not sure if the problem was genuine before the ECU update but not anymore
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I get anything between 13-15 km/ltr with AC (while going to office with AC on) and 16+ while returning at night without ac. I drive with a heavy foot and try to be in the turbo zone for the most part.
    prabhjot and Abhiram Bavisetty like this.