1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto EVO 75 vs 90HP?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by cynicalcount, Aug 14, 2014.

1. cynicalcount

cynicalcount Timido

Delhi
    hey krishna, when will the review for 90HP be put up? Also, can anyone advise on which dealer is better among the four in Delhi?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few members have booked 90HP, so soon you will have real owner's review, for now, since engine remains same, have a look at Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP. All other things are similar in 75 and 90HP models.

For Delhi dealers, have a look at respective threads in Dealership Reviews section. Enquire with all dealers and take it who is giving you best offer. Since EVO will not have much offers as of now, choosing whichever is near to your place is also a good idea.
  3. cynicalcount

cynicalcount Timido

Delhi
    I am little confused on the variant. 75HP or 90HP though I feel personally 90HP is 100 times better looking inside due to the all black interiors. My only issue is I drive daily in B2B traffic and there would occasional highway usuage. Is it tiresome driving 90HP in city conditions ? Will one get a heavy feeling ? Just curious to know. thanks.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then buying 75HP with beige interiors should be ruled out, you should be sitting inside most of the time.
    And 90HP will have 16" Alloys as well :).
    There is not much difference in city driving, 75HP is 'marginally' better in B2B traffic, but you would adjust soon and adapt a driving style based on how car behaves. And 90HP will be better on highway, when you need those extra HP.

Take a TD of both and make a final call.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Also you can have a remap at some point which will make the 90hp a rocket of sorts for both city or highway. :D

Although I am not sure if the EVO has same ECU which allows extra maps. :? Wolfmoto guys could clear doubts on this sooner or later.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hi. Be sure to test drive both cars. Reviews are one thing, but they tend to make the subjective sound objective and neutral. The same car can feel dull and dopey to some AND hot and sporty to others! A comparative TD is essential, i'd say. Especially since Fiat have apparently reworked the gear ratios of the 75hp a bit for (even) better urban driveability.

Dealers: there are obviously no discounts etc on offer, so i don't believe there's an issue with any of the delhi dealers really.

ASS is a different story: there is some uneven-ness of quality among them, I feel. Kashyap and Oberoi being big and ok, DRS faridabad and gurgaon being good. But this is hearsay! Overall: ok, acceptable, sometimes good, could be better sometimes, is how I'd summarize my sense of the dealer/FASS situation in delhi NCR.

The advantage we delhi ncr Fiat owners have is of a large choice among several FASS, depending on the difficulty or delicacy of the service requirement (routine service v/s body panel work v/s warranty claims etc)

All the best, keep us updated on your decision.
  7. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I did a TD of both the cars and the 90 HP definitely had a noticeable turbo lag. A couple of times I almost felt that the car had an issue. I am trying to be very objective and I think driving in stop-gap might be an issue. Take a test drive of both. Personally I am not comfortable remapping a brand new car.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I test drove 90 hp today and 75 hp during the second service of my Linea.Both had turbo lag but I found 90hp to be punchier than 75hp and Linea also.I noticed today why an all black interior appears to some people and let me join the group :D. It has some sort of ruggedness compared to the bright beige scheme and easy to maintain too(you just dont notice the dirt ,thats all) .Since you have already liked the black interiors and if budget not a problem ,u can go with 90 hp.Not a big deal except that I personally prefer the 15 inch alloy in 75 hp.
  9. cynicalcount

cynicalcount Timido

Delhi
    I did TD of both and found the overall dynamics better in 75 HP. I am planning another TD of 90 HP over the weekend so that I dont regret the decision later. CP caffe has promised they can provide TD of 90HP for a longer duration. So, keeping fingers crossed.
    Ravi likes this.
  10. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I'll add myself to the list :) I've booked a 76hp Emotion after I test drove the elite i20, Polo and Punto Evo. I did not TD the 90hp and felt the 75hp to be sufficiently powerful enough.
    But I've gone through this wonderful review on team-bhp of the 90hp Punto and am so confused now. So has anyone TD the new Punto 90hp?
    I've asked my dealer to arrange a TD of the Punto 90hp. But just want to know your expert advice as well.
    Murphy_Fiat and Ravi like this.