1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Excellent review krishna.. to the point..
  2. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Great review by you trio. Were you able to experience the Audio quality in Punto EVO? Waiting for your 90HP diesel engine review as well.
    I feel the number plates on the front Grille will partially hide the new Bold Grille design of Punto EVO. Thoughts?
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, we checked out the audio quality in the new Punto to the current Punto. The facelift has a better unit and sounds better than the Old unit. Tested the radio at volumes of above 20 and it was not jarring (I know it depends on the kind of music too).

Yes, the numbers plate is the odd part out on that grill/bumper.
    1 person likes this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps one can opt for a smaller sized number plate so as to not block the upperbold grill.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    In the newspaper advertisement the word INTERESTING was written very big, it took half the space of the half page advertisement:(
    People might think that the name of the car is interesting and are going to run around searching to buy the car interesting ; (
    How clever is the marketing team to write the name of the car Evo in miniscule letters in a corner and write interesting in the middle.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Imagine an even dumb sales guy saying "Well Sir, we don't have a car 'Interesting', do you mean Punto EVO or New Linea." :lol:
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Well,certainly a Fiat sales guy would be dumb,he would not have even the advertisement:(
    He would redirect the customer to a Honda showroom saying,sir we don't have the car called Interesting,we only have linea and Punto :(
  8. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Yea that's what I was thinking too. But still that would spoil the overall look of the bumper.
    Need to be lil creative in that front.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well bala, its time FIAT has started the effort of making or adding meaning to peoples life. That has been the main motive of italian automotive industry since its inception. Whatever they do, it has meaning, soul, passion to it.

yes i would somewhat agree to ur point that Interesting could be misunderstood as car name,but it was also prefixed by another sentence "Life became more...". So a person who reads english will surely understand its the tag line. Plus the left corner has the car name. I am sure the % of people mistaking would be far less.

FIAT cars are not just an asset to be owned, but a way of life. We all know this. Chill folks. I am positive the the AD's done by FIAT is meaningful.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yep if the damn RTO had allowed a blackbackground number plate for private vehicles, then i would do some thing like ABARTH wording on front grills in below pic for numbers...\ Abarth-500-Sports-2013-Wallpapers-1024x681.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think and what I interpret from his post is some pun towards the creativity part of it, what he implied I guess was that the word EVO could be highlighted more so that it rings a bell every time Fiat is discussed as a car option. Many of our opinions are subjective ofcourse, because sometimes facts remain to be seen. No one's wound up about it, everything's cool already. Some may express strongly at times. :)