1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Front page ad, covering half of the page, and you didn't notice?
    May be they should have added some brigther color :).

BTW, Fiat Caffe, Bangalore is stickered with same ads.
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I exactly know what is missing in the Advertisement guys.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/attachmen...vo-launch-5th-august-2014-20140805_124906.jpg

66271d1407267955-fiat-punto-evo-launch-5th-august-2014-20140805_124906.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Butta Motors in Hyderabad is also donning similar stickers at their showroom.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Impressive review again Krishna,hats off to you man for writing such a long detailed review with loads of Stunning & beautiful pictures to view of Evo & glad to see Classic Punto with Bull face Evo pics,Thanx a lot for posting this type of review which even media guys cant even think of doing

- - - Merged Post - - -

When it comes to marketing Fiat still isnt upping its fame by giving full front page ads,
    They could have given on the next day after launch a big pic of Evo posing with Nagesh with Evelyn on TOI front page full,that would have attracted lot of young & even adults coz there was a celebrity who was posing with Evo,audience would have seen Evelyn & they would have thought look now Evelyn is there for Evo & some audience would have gone for Evo seeing Evelyn promoting it,just my opinion members,if i am wrong i m sorry
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I disagree! Color combo is more of an individual perceptions. The usability guide says dark colors are harsh like Red and dull colors like grey or beige are too dull. yellow is fine which does not look soar for the eyes and yet pleasing. Besides the car shown in the pic is golden color, which may not be evident when the background color is yellow. They could have chosen other background with this aspect IMHO.

On the flip side, how does the half vs full page really matters? Half page is still noticeable that too its on the front page. I would agree if the Ad size given was small where it could go unnoticed. But half page is fine. Plus price matters here.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Yes color is based on individual taste, but in my view the background should have been a color contrasting with the color of the car. The current background blends the Punto into the background and the beauty of the color is not coming out

Should half page price matter when you are launching a new model - that too for a big company like Fiat? A newspaper would normally lie folded - when folded the bottom half is not visible. A full page has the advantage that even when the newspaper is lying folded down at varios newspaper vendors, the top is visible. One just cannot miss the full page ad. Looks like the marketing manager wants to achieve results by spending less. Almost all dealers that I visit complain that marketing is not upto the mark from Fiat. While FASS is an issue, but an equally important issue is marketing which seems to be lacking - even on twitter the number of posts by Fiat India seems to be limited. Twitter is free so should not there be more tweets. Simply put, the marketing is just not upto the mark
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I easily noticed the add, maybe because I was looking for it. A full page ad would have been much better to catch attention, as rightly indicated by speedjet. Maybe as a fiat lover, the ad appealed to me well, but it doesn't impose itself on the reader. Probably I felt content also because we haven't seen any ad of fiat bigger than 1/6 of a page. The yellow colour draws attention, even if it subdues the car shown there. It stamps the colour in readers mind. I liked the ad and the tagline too.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    When can we expect the new led tail lights to be available on FASC? And as the reverse light was not included in tail lights for old Punto will that be a problem when I install new taillight? Or it can be installed with no worries?
  10. unleash_thunder

unleash_thunder Amatore

Bangalore
    Though the car overall is appealing, i believe that the omission of front fog lamps, rear defogger, rear window wiper and washer, 60:40 split of the rear bench and height adjustable front seat belts will be a big spoilsport for the dynamic variant.

Also, the 1.2L Fire Petrol engine is not that bad as it is made out to be. I have done three trips to Nandi hills and my car has climbed up the hill without any problems. Also, couple of my friends who own Swift and Swift Dezire were simply blown away by the high speed dynamics and awesome steering response of the car while on highways. During the city commute, you may occasionally feel that the car is a tad slow to pick up, but i would sacrifice this occasional slowness to the tank like build quality which many car manufacturers do not offer.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    2 people like this.