1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    If I can give my inputs :)
    Yes, quality of the same is improved by a very good margin. New one is very soft to touch, unlike ours. (I recently sat in the Facelifted linea and observed these. Hope material used are same in linea as well as Punto)
    1 person likes this.
  2. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Linea Classic
    wow. it was great reading the article.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

I agree as well :p.It does give a dull appearance and tend to show lesser space inside the vehicle compared to the bright beige showing premium effect (typical Indian mindset) and spacious cabin.However ,black is portrayed as aggressive and sporty but majority from the public would love the brighter shade (leaving aside the practicality of keeping it neat) that gives an upmarket feel and eye candy.Somehow ,the chemistry does not work in our brains to like the SPORTY black ;).My pick from all the variants is the 75 bhp Emotion since it would drive better within town (owing to Gearbox change) ,good enough for the highways since most of us drive within 100 km/hr most of the times and yes, beige interiors.The remaining amount may be used for remapping if you crave for more power but I think most will be satisfied with the power after some period of time.
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  4. As per previous feedback on previous punto 1.2 .. main drawback was initial pickup/sluggish, but looking at the power/torque info it looks like there is no improvement on those negatives... Look of punto is always the best. they would have worked on those performance related points(eg: by decresing the weight etc..)
  5. shoaib

I have been a reader of this forum since a couple of weeks now and decided to finally join it since I booked the Punto Evo Active Diesel today.
    Thanks for your outstandingly detailed post on the Evo.
    9 people like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    With the facelift, the weight has increased and slowing down the already slow car. This not only hits on the performance, but on the efficiency as well. The target market for the 1.2 Fire engine, people look at effiiciency and peppy performance which the 1.2 really lacks.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I many times wonder if these cars Track Test drivers are really some old aged folks who are volunteering for this job. As we already know FIAT mgmt folks are still sleeping or too ignorant about such factors.

On the flip side, since its very suitable for city drive and todays city drives are really hectic and very slow. Hence this sluggishness might suite the purpose. Perhaps we diesel heads are too much oriented to speed and performance of our cars, yet we expect the same from the petrol ones

I cant stop going bonkers with multi-angle thinking :drinks
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

A product AD needs to sell 2 things, 1: Product itself, 2: Convey what value it brings into the owner.

- - - Merged Post - - -

For those who couldnt see the pic properly...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    4 people like this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Agree with Zenwalker. Its the campaign they are doing. People who are not interested in Punto will not even bother to look at the ad if there is nothing 'interesting'... A series of campaigns will get attention & if its good, it'll really help the brand.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pathetic marketing by FIAT...they have given half page Ad in TOI today which is not even catchy or appealing.I didn't even noticed it in first glance....They should have given 1 or 2 full page Ad.