1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How is front legroom, compared to old one, with new dashboard design??
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well if the past ads or TV commercials are the way to go, FIAT may save the money. No highlights of features, no standout from the crowd. Why should anyone even look at FIAT's cars ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Great review , thanks for the effort!!

I saw the evo about a week ago in person when it had just arrived at a dealership for the launch and was as such being kept in one corner covered up. I really liked the car in person especially the front end which looked really agressive in my opinion. Now with a better view of the whole car the initial design impact is reduced for me but it is still a good looking car.

I have some concerns on the new interiors as i did with the Linea so those would stay , nice looking 15 inch alloys , wish they had them in 16inches with the same dimensions as for the T-jet , might have considered a swap in the future
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes not to my liking, but some won't mind and others will prefer it more than beige. Practically, lesser shabby it gets over time due to usage and touch. The grey in my Siena is even uglier, but in time one lives with it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Not much different from the existing one even with the new dashboard. The front passenger gets ample room to stretch their legs.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    How is the back seat legroom ? has it improved ? As its highlighted in the FIAT site.
  7. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Excellent review Krishna sir. Made for a happy reading.
    As already pointed out, Fiat is very silent about such a major launch. I was expecting a full page ad in today's paper at least but there was none :shocked
    Haven't seen anything on the TV as well :(

Hopefully we will see one soon!

I sincerely hope this sets sales charts on fire.

Good luck Fiat :)
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No it hasn't, the legroom infact is lesser to a small extent due to the longer seat. However, the under thigh support is quite good. One of the reasons for the lack of legroom is the long seat rails and the longish movement of the front seats.

It would be difficult to address the legroom issue in the facelift.
    1 person likes this.
  9. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thank you Krishna for clarification! :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Special edition of Punto is expected in Mid of 2015! ::O

Any guesses what changes we can expect in that version ??
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

thanks for the great review!!
    in one of the closeup pics (Punto old vs new) of the gear lever wrap, it looks like the material used for wrap is far better than outgoing model, may be a leather one? did you notice any difference there?
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014