1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesum review krishna.Very much in detail, Fiat FB page should be linked to this review.Thank you.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Disagree....
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Your review report with comparison with other model which is unbiased has impressed my colleague here along with the pictures of the car, and since yesterday he is talking about going for FIRE basic version. Not sure when he will buy but atleast he has started thinking and have downloaded the brochures and stuffs. Hope he buys it. His only requirement is City drive and he is not an car freak, so i guess FIRE should suffice him.
    1 person likes this.
  4. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was not talking about criticisms. Constructive criticisms are welcome. This was straight up bashing. Like fiat-is-not-going-to-survive-no-matter-what sorta bashing. This was from a senior member of that forum.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    FIAL does it again. No ads, no publicity. Just silence.

How would the world know about the new launch ?
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^ By Watching new Punto Evo on the road. :D Just think about the exclusivity factor this car is going to get without any ads. People are going to ask the owners what car is that(even after reading the badge) and what specs every where he drives because there are no ads and that makes people curious to ask. But its not going to boost sales though. Wish I could drive the Evo for some time till the ads start.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    There are so many cars out there that "exclusivity" has gone out of the window. Even my 14 year old son gets excited only if he sights a Ferrari or Alfa or Rolls.

Nobody is going to be excited by Evo.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

I hope you convince your friend to buy atleast the 90HP Petrol or 76MJD version. That 1.2 engine is an insult to the car design , frankly. I would trust my 1.2 Micra engine over this one.. A colleague of mine also has similar complaints about the 1.4 petrol, only in his case, he owns a Linea. He says its okayish..but doesnt do any justice to the Linea chassis. Strains during overtaking almost always. I have experienced it sitting in the car with him- in contrast, the TJet simply zips in and out of traffic.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    His definition/needs is:

He just wants to use it in City mainly 95% of the usage time.
    He claims he is a very sedate driver (he looks the same too :p)
    Not a fan or enthusiast like us and not interested to have power like we crave for ;)

Have strictly told him to take a TD and decide, no matter which ever car he goes. I am not forcing him though.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi rsinfo,
    commented on there FB page about no ads or publicity they replied that with in two days they are going to release big add in all the newspaper and informed they have come up with new add for tv in italian way. i hope that this time it is going to impact the sales figure fingers crossed
    2 people like this.