1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But adding safety features to active version would only cannibalise the sales of top end version. Rather than doing so or rather than bringing p Punto or 3D Punto, they should improvise topend versions by adding 6 airbags, ESC traction control etc.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I think safety should be mandatory and not an option. There are many features that a company can add to the middle/top end variants like touchscreen music system, bigger tyres with alloys, leather upholstery, projector headlamps, drl etc etc. As I said, Fiat should have taken the lead in providing safety features across all variants. Since others have already started, they can at least follow.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. RPM1975

RPM1975 Timido

Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anyone in this club has experience with fiat dealers in kerala? My heart says to book the punto evo emotion 1.3 MJD, but everyone around me have heard horror stories of fiat dealers in kerala (though most of them do not own a fiat). Anyone with experience of dealing with the dealers in kerala for service, maintenance etc please share your experiences.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    @RPM1975
    Could you please share some info like, Where are you from? What is your normal usage pattern etc?

I've purchased a Linea from Thrissur, get it serviced from Kochi and Trivandrum service stations.
    Car has now crossed 75K kms in 3 years and 1 month. No major problems from any service centre. Their service is very similar to any other service centre (probably not as VAG or other Germans on the expense side). They are cheap to maintain too.
    75K service cost me a little more than 50ps per km (remember, this is yearly service expense).

And to mention, FIAT car is a driver's delight. I did not get such a satisfaction from even a Benz C-class which I drove in Germany.
    Murphy_Fiat and gpunto75 like this.
  5. RPM1975

RPM1975 Timido

Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @limraj . I am from Kottayam and have got contradictory feedback about Marikkar Fiat. I agree with you that Fiat is a driver's car and one chooses a fiat with the heart. I just love the Punto Evo and the only hesitation is the fear of getting it serviced, availability of spares etc. I don't mind the service cost to be slightly on the higher side compared to Maruti or Hyundai. If not the Punto the next choice for me is VW TDI comfortline. I need a diesel as my monthly average would be 1200 - 1500 one.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat Service is Way Better than Polo. Polo Service Cost is also higher than Fiat.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @RPM1975. Mate you got to check with owners. Well I have owned a Swift drove 1.1 L and sold it off last year. Currently I own a GP 90 HP which has clocked 31 K kms. My current service cost is Re.1/km.

This includes 7500/- for tire change ( one tire burst and other where I exchanged and upsized the spare tire to 195/60 size).
    One broken light 800 (due to an idiot)
    One broken rear wiper 800 ( due to another idiot)
    Rear tire threading and new bolts 800 (another idiot at a alignment centre who screwed up the screws - After that I have been doing alignment, balancing and rotation @ FASS only)
    Fabrictaion of spare tire set up 500 ( my spare tire set up is changed to an alloy as well so to fit the lock due to increase in height).

This in addition to general check up which I do every 5 K kms( usually before any long trip) - 3 times - around 2 K
    I follow 5k alignment and 10 K alignment+balancing+rotation - 5 times already - around - 3 K

If you exclude all these additional expenses which were either accidental or preventive maintainence my service cost would Re. 0.5/km which is one of the cheapest around.

There was a comparision in Autocar I think in 2012-12 where Linea and Punto came out as the cheapest in their respective sections.

Having owned Marutis through out before shifting my loyalities let me tell you that its a myth that Maruti and Hyundai are cheaper to service. Maruti and Hyundai both have lesser service intervals and most wear and tear items are not as long lasting as Fiats. Secondly they will dupe you by adding unecessary things in the bill. Its not like FASS is saint but at least they allow the owner to attend to the car. For Maruti and Hyundai customers arent even allowed to service bay. In long run other than Tata and Ford I do not think other manufacturers can match Fiats service bills.

Only if the service feedback for FIAT at your place is bad you need to think else eyes closed go for Punto.

With Jeep getting launched,Renegade being planned,Maserati expanding and Ferrari coming back I do not think FCA is going away from India anytime soon.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. RPM1975

RPM1975 Timido

Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nibedk Thanks a lot.
    My worry is more about the attitude of dealer service center guys and availability of spares. These are two areas that I have heard stories from disappointed GP and Linea owners in Kerala. I am scared to be in a situation where spares are not available or the service technician cannot diagnose a fault. I have used a Verna crdi and did not face any issues in terms of service. However had a nightmare with my Chevy Optra. Anyone with experience of fiat dealers in Kerala please advice.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Dealers are improving their way of working. There is no attitude issue, if they need the business, they have to serve the customers. I am not facing any issues from TVM or Kochi.
    I have colleagues from Chingavanam and Tiruvalla, happily cruising on ther GPs.
    There is no shortage of spares. What I mean is that there are many things available off the shelf at the service centre and the uncommon ones would take a week or so. Another alternative is ordering from 99rpm.com. I have good experience from them too.
    And the service interval is 15K kms, or one year. If you crunch miles, you may have to frequent to the service station every time you cover 15K kms. Otherwise, once in a year you will have to reach to Kochi (there are 2 service centres) or 1 in Kollam or in TVM.
    All my services were finished within a day. Leave it in the morning and collect by evening.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.