1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Punto EVO three door would have been more contemporary. and atleast an acceptable move .

Abdul
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    They might find takers if they price it near the grand i10. If they plan to price it 50k less than the evo, we will have another DOA from Fiat.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess Punto pure would be available only in the active/dynamic trims with additional accessories. The pricing would be the key here. The normal Evo active diesel costs around 6.5 lacs ONR. Can they undercut it by a lac?Maybe then it would start making sense and it would be the best diesel car money can buy for say 5.5-5.75 lacs. Something like a Linea classic??
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2016 ---
    I guess the idea here is to cater to a segment below Punto Evo, until Fiat comes up with a Palio/ Mobi ?

But yes a 3 door Punto would have been classic ala Zen classic ?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Pune ex showroom price of p - punto 1.3 diesel would come at 5.5 L (p-punto coming in only one version) & OTR price would be Rs 6.25L

At present, e - punto 1.3 Active diesel ex showroom price is 5.90L, & OTR price is 6.8L.

Overall, p Punto would cost. Rs 45 to 55 k lesser than e Punto active. (OTR Pune).
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I see. Then I see little to no logic as to why Fiat has come up with this move :(
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is really disappointing. Why such a bad move. All articles about pure has mentioned that it will come up with additional accessories. Are the accessories so worth?? Else it would have been better to cut down unnecessary accessories n provide basic features and price it around 4.5 lacs. Hats off to fiat india think tank. And if their Italy office godfather approves these dumb ideas, they are more fools than these people.
    It's really bad move by fiat india not to introduce new models with fresh interiors. When all over the world they are pulling their sucks, in india why such lethargic approach don't understand. Someone has mentioned that many brands are making loss compared to fca in india. In spite of loss if still they launch new global models in india, then they are doing right investment for future.
    God save Fiat india and wish Jeep won't be affected with such no sense moves. After all Jeep will be sold under the same fiat showrooms.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    More often than not, e punto comes with discounts worth 50 to 60 k, so finally at the time of P Punto launch, don't get surprised if you are offered e Punto at a price 10k INR lesser than p Punto.

Anyways, sole purpose of launching P Punto is to make the g Punto look available for avid fans. And, mefeels, ideally they should not have discontinued the g punto completely, rather they should have continued the g Punto exterior looks with interiors of e Punto and e Punto exterior +interiors together should have been offered only for 90 HP & Avventura.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  8. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I wonder why Fiat does not offer safety equipment (dual airbags and abs ebd) standard across all variants. Many manufacturers have started that. Fiat can at least follow their lead. They have already lost the chance of setting this benchmark.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat has provided most important safety feature i. e. Built quality, across all variants,still people love Swift, Dezire.
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Having a strong body frame is just one aspect in safety. Abs and ebd can help avoid a collision. Airbags can be lifesavers. These will surely compliment the superb ride and handling capabilities of Fiat cars.