1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hey Ansal, delighted to have you here. Keep posting: whether great, good, or indifferent experiences.

cheers
  2. Dilip Vasan

Dilip Vasan Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi all , I have recently bought Punto Evo 1.3 Mjd Emotion however I'm really disappointed cause of the intermittent surging of the engine The car starts normally and when I accelerate there is a mild surge which I can feel (Especially 2000-2500 RPM) And when I depress the clutch the rpm shoots up to around 3000 Rpm as if I didn't let go the accelerator :( The car also jerks bad when I up-shift to 3rd gear and try to accelerate. Has anyone else faced this problem? I have visited FASS a couple of times and the examiner does not throw up any kind of error I also tried replacing the clutch switch it does't seem to help. Can you please suggest me what might have gone wrong here
  3. Ansal

Ansal Timido

Kottayam, Kearala
    Kottayam, Kerala
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Dilip, I also faced the same issue with my emotion MJD. When upshifting from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th even after depressing the clutch and taking my foot off the accelerator pedal, the engine used to rev harder for a moment. There were few more issues like MID not showing most information like fuel consumption etc. Also the seat belt alarm, door auto lock and speed limit alarm were not working. I noticed all that half way back home after taking delivery. Called the salesperson, he told me i can continue driving and bring it back when I am free. Two days later I took the car back to the service and in about 45 min they sorted out all issues. I have done about 120 kms after that and so far no issues. clear.png I asked them what the problem was. The person told me it was something to do with an error in the MID, though i am not sure how. I also would like to know, hope our experts here will be able to tell.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Ansal, it is important that you email a feedback of this issue to Fiat. Let there be a record for you for a new car with such issue in case of a repeat incidence and also helps Fiat recognizing or checking and rectifying any faults in QC.

Every email counts. When more no. of people email the issue can escalate to factory level.
    kgramesh and prabhjot like this.
  5. Dilip Vasan

Dilip Vasan Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hey !Thanks for the reply Ansal. The main problem is that the the service person doesn't seem to acknowledge the problem they keep claiming that its normal and happens with all the cars .However I insisted on a test drive of another Punto just to conform but after the test drive it turns out that this issue is particular to my car . They are absolutely clueless and claim no one else has faced this issue I recently learnt a person who drives Evo 90HP in banglore is also facing the same issue
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Dilip Vasan

Am no expert, and so shouldn't be jumping in at all but it seems that some new cars have a fuel pump issue. You could have them follow that line of possible diagnosis? btw, which Chennai FASS is this, am surprised they've just shrugged this off!
  7. Dilip Vasan

Dilip Vasan Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot
    I checked up with RDC Ambattur since we purchased the car from them. Could this be due to the new ECU firmware of 2014 models since new Linea owners have also been facing some troubles ? Btw the car had almost no fuel with range ----- when we took delivery I'm not sure if that is what causing these issues
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Dilip Vasan, have you sent an email to Fiat, they cannot just ignore the issue. Take their CRM no. and CC the communication to FIAT.

@prabhjot, what you are saying is serious issue. Is there a trend you noticed somehow, or some insider info. about the fuel pump issues.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @asimpleson There have indeed been 3 or 4 such/similar confirmed fuel-pump issue-reports on new vehicles here recently. Just saying: don't know the statistical % of this issue's occurence relative to total new cars, so don't want to claim it as a Fiat Alarm.
    asimpleson likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello all,
    I booked Ferrari red 90 hp really excited to be a fiatian
    PradeepM, prabhjot and Murphy_Fiat like this.