1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Hitesh Sharma

Hitesh Sharma Timido

Faridabad
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Can we upgrade ABS AND EBD in punto Active. If yes please tell me how as i bought active but now miss braking comfort. URGENT Thanks.
    Is there any possibility to fix a seat with adjustment feature i find it bit low to ride.

Its punto evo Active Variant 1.3
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Hitesh,
    Sorry to say thisABS & EBD ca but cannot be retro-fitted to the car, this needs to be done at factory level while manufacturing, however Bosch is working on retro fitting ABS modules, currently they are experimenting it on 2 Wheelers, hopefully it should make way for 4 wheelers as well.
    Height Adjusted Seats is a possiblity for which you have to change the entire seat assembly, as far as I know back in 2011 I had logged a case on Seat height adjuster and guys from Johnson(Tata Susidery Co, Seat Supplier) had come for the inspection of my car, they claim the seat costs around 12K(Only Driver side) so it is a costly affair.
    I would recommend you to go for the thick grade Art leather seat, eventually you will get adjusted.
    Hitesh Sharma likes this.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For now all you can do is upgrade your tyres for little better grip and braking.
    prabhjot and Hitesh Sharma like this.
  4. myavu

myavu Timido

New Delhi - Kochi
    Can we swap the Alloys (if they sell one through counter) and tyres from Aveentura on EVO 90 HP with out any suspension modification. By the way Aveentura's tyres are 205 section wider. What about the Alloys' width? Are they same w.r.t EVO's?
  5. Hitesh Sharma

Hitesh Sharma Timido

Faridabad
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks anup for your suggestions bro ... But anyway i wanted to check if 75 HP can be tuned to 90 HP as its the same engine if yes HOW it can be Done ?
  6. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think so you can tuned 75HP to 90HP. Remap may help you to some extent thats it. I am saying this because 75HP uses Fixed Geometry Turbo where as 90HP uses Variable Geometry Turbo.
  7. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Righly said by @Himanshu, 76 ps engine use FGT typr and 90 ps use VGT type so it woulnd't be feesiable for just a turbo swap, even your ECU is different in both these and costs can really high.
    Kiirus/Wolf are couple of tuning companies who can help you with either re maping or adding tuning box which are not only removable but also programmable with just a click.
    I would also suggest you to avoid all this for minimum 3yrs of your warrenty if you you have opted for an extended then 2 more years before Prison breaking your car's management system because for 5 yrs your many of your key engine components are under warrenty and if they find any modification the warrenty would get void.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I would also like to know if this would be a posibility. As Avvy does not have a T-Jet option, I am planning to go for the Evo. Seniors can shed light on this.
  9. PPal

PPal Timido

Mumbai
    Can you kindly let us know the discounts and the freebies?
  10. gopan

gopan Timido

cochin