1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Moved from PitLane.
    Thanks Krishna, Kartkik and Sujai. Awsome review.

Price comparision, old and new.

Old
    Price_Old Model.jpg

New
    Punto%20pricing.jpg

EVO Brochure

Attached Files:

2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    there is only 5k difference between outgoing and new model (dynamic variant) but they have omitted Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts,Front Fog Lamps,Rear Defogger,Rear Window Wiper & Washer,60:40 Split Rear Seat Configuration,Rear Wiper that understands the requirement(Smart Rear Wiper gets activated When you reverse}.
    and new addition is USB and Aux-in,Mirrors that blink{Tum Indicators on ORVMs}

they would have priced 10K extra for new model and would have included all the omitted features i have listed above.
    2 people like this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    i believe it is to give direct competition to swift
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Krishna,
    Thanks for sharing the fantastic detailed review.
    Indeed sad to know that no new engines made it this time too.

Fit and finish improved a lot! Event the quality of plastic.
    1 person likes this.
  5. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    How much 1.3 Sports Diesel 90 HP will cost on road in Bengaluru ? any guesses ?
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats a good review krishna. Kudos work to all 3 of you.
    1 person likes this.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Price is very competitive and maintenance is very affordable.

Fiat Pls give Drl in those big eyes, it will definitely match LED tail lamps or at least make it available as extra accessories.

Well done Fiat:clapping
  8. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    but these features are missing in swift too if they would have included in new model(old model was having)
    it would have been USP for dynamic variant.
    i also bought dynamic old variant for only features it was offering as it was rich compared to swift vdi variant and price was also less.
    With new interiors and exteriors and with above omitted features it would have been one notch high compared with bare swift vdi in my opinion.

any how thanks guys for the good informed review.
  9. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi

old model did have these features but if you compare the sales figures of the past months then we can see that punto dynamic was selling way beyond swift vdi and if you look at punto active, they have removed the music player and 4 speakers and priced it below the levels of Figo EXI, swift/ritz Ldi to attract the chauffers and First time buyers.

i believe this strategy is good, will build sales for punto active, since price won't come as barrier when buyers will choose b/w punto, figo and swift but will take a toll on the resale value of existing punto dynamic models in the market.
    1 person likes this.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    yes how many common people will think about the features missed compared to outgoing model.
    majority here refers "kitna detha hai" and fancy features. by the way Punto Evo have all the box ticked for common people.

Lets hope this is going to generate at-least decent numbers of dispatch every month.