1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Evo - 2014 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Punto' started by nkrishnap, Aug 3, 2014.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    True mate. Every time I walk away r towards my car my eyes r fixated or my head is automatically turned towards her for her pure beauty, elegance, etc.

Anyway the review team of cartoq is stupid enough to compare punto with i10. Like comparing cheetah to fox and praising cheetah for everything.
    prabhjot and Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 like this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    PUNTO with i10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!these people should stop carTALK.
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat Punto Evo vs Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDI

multijetter and Himanshukumar like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The review videos along with the article I pasted already here is very much biased towards punto. It does not justify the review pattern at all.
    Plus the whole video looks to be shot inside a plant due to the ready made test tracks already to be seen. I am guessing this to be ranjangoan plant?

In short I can say not a worthy review at all.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    But the reviewer haven't said anything wrong apart from the power delivery.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Some of it yes. Don't you think after watching this review any buyer who would be doing a TD would not notice the lousy gearbox issue which is glaring? And the comparing leg room space and claiming much better is not right though its not bad in punto.
    When comparing, as a neutral reviewer one should mention both the pros and cons of the car. Then only a buyer can make a good decision to choose which.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    May be this is an edited video which shows only pros of the punto.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Then its a half cook which again is not correct to publish out into the wild.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Then you can find many review videos against the logic out there.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sam812 Congrats man, the Evo looks and feels sporty and glamourous. And Relax!

I am willing to bet you a lot that you will AT LEAST get 13-14 kpl, ac always on in summer, in delhi traffic (higher in winter) and AT LEAST 18-20 kpl on highways with the AC on right from the outset. It will then rise by 1-3 kpl as the engine loosens up after the first few thousand kms. We get that on our G Punto Active 75 hp. Honest.;-) Do you like the bet? ;-) Everyone's getting good mileage with the mjd Punto and Linea, even in traffic.

Just learn to drive a turbo-diesel by managing revs and gearshifts (it won't take long) IF this your first diesel car.

The test car you saw has obviously been revved like crazy with little regard for correct gear shifts at correct speeds, since the drivers don't own it.

cheers, and remember to pay up if or rather when you lose the bet! ;-)
    kunwar.g likes this.