1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto evo 1.2 hissing noise when pressing brake pedal

Discussion in 'Technical' started by satheeshckr, Dec 2, 2014.

1. satheeshckr

satheeshckr Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi,

Myself satheesh from Coimbatore. Brought punto evo 1.2 dynamic a month before. Initially I hadn't any problem with the car. Later I started hearing a hissing noise when I pressed the brake pedal. I was using an alto previously and as I am new to fiat world i was totally clueless. I then took the car to service centre and the mechanic gave me a feedback that since the car has a vacuum brake such noise is been produced and was common with all cars nd needn't worry. I still not completely convinced by that reply. Hope the experts in this forum can help me out . Thanks in advance
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Its normal. Its got a vaccum booster for the brake and that will make a little hiss.. There are more to learn of the evo. Happy motoring. do send your queries to us. We will all be happy to guide you to enjoy your ride.

Abdul
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If you still have doubts about the noise, try to compare with some other Punto evo owner. Yes Fiat cars come with brake boosters like this.

CMS_booster_img.jpg
    rishike007 likes this.
  4. satheeshckr

satheeshckr Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Thank you so much @Abdul..

Definitely I would try with other evo as u suggested @asimpleson
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @satheeshckr

Before starting the car try pumping the brake pedal and see if you still get the hissing sound.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. satheeshckr

satheeshckr Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.2
    @ghodlur

I tried DAT.. Even before starting the car I can hear the hiss
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Hissing sound is definitely due to brakes. No need to worry.
  8. satheeshckr

satheeshckr Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.2
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Its definitely not a big issue or a common sound in Fiats since UNO, Palios if you will, but if you have too much trouble with it get it inspected from a private mechanic to check for any leaks. Either ways the car is in warranty and this issue (if at all an issue) can be fixed very quickly under warranty. Do check other EVOs and take opinion of other EVO or Punto owners first if and when possible.
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Is this sound somewhere from the back and it happens when you release the brake pedal? I'm hearing the same sound in my Grande punto and have noticed the same in a few other puntos also..