1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion Tyre Upsizing - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by shiva_pr, Sep 29, 2011.

1. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

manipal
    Hi,
    I am manipal and I have booked a punto emotion and want to upsize the tyres to R15(195/60) as in Punto 90Hp. Whether there will be technical issues? Some people here are saying it needs spacing to avoid scraping. kindly help me out. Also, suggest the best tyre for ride and drive, road grip.

Also, suggest me the best alloys(98PCD) and their availablity in mangalore/bangalore. I am also planning to have GPS navigator with reverse parking camera with bluetooth and usb. plz help me out in this.

thanks in advance.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U can upsize to 195/60/15 without any issues, goin by ur requirements go for either CPC2 or michelin primacy LC
  3. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

manipal
    Thanks phew for the quick response. But the dealer is saying because of low profile tyre, disc may bend when you jump in pothholes on road. what do say about this?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have put OE Alloy of size 195/60, R15 to my Emotion, no issues at all.
    I will suggest to Yoko-C Drive tyre.
  5. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

manipal
    Thanks ravi. but these OE alloys cost more right.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Right, but I got 2nd hand, at 20K (all 4).
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is all utter nonsense, just relax and go ahead with 15" rims and 195/60 tyres and enjoy ur ride. and do tell him 60 profile is not considered low in any which way :)
  8. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

manipal
    Thanks Phew. I will go ahead R15". How about alloys specification? Can a 100PCD alloy be used instead of 98 PCD? Accessories guy said he will do drilling in 100PCD so that it suits Punto.
  9. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    I aksed in Reliance Auto Zone and those guys say drilling holes to match the Punto's 98 PCD results in the alloys losing strength and develop cracks.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No drilling holes is required as long as the pcd is 98/100