1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion PCD vs Verna Fluidic PCD

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by HyperRetard, Aug 1, 2015.

1. HyperRetard

HyperRetard Timido

Info withheld
    I am seriously considering buying this car.

However, the matter is that it has Fluidic Verna alloys. Cant guess the rim size, anybody with eagle eyes welcome.

Now if the PCD of the two alloys is different, I'll have to spend a whole lot more on the alloys, which kind of kills the deal.

Anybody know the PCD of the two, and can confirm if there will be no issues.
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    It can only be 100 pcd.. If use of hub ring is done . then there should be not much of an issue
  3. HyperRetard

HyperRetard Timido

Info withheld

Can you dumb down that response to my lever(ie that of a layman)
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Hyundai = 100PCD. Fiat = 98PCD.

You'll have to file a bit of the mounting hole to fit the wheel on a Fiat. In doing so, you seriously risk the structural integrity as well as bring in instability due to the mounting holes being oval.

While a lot of fiat cars are running modified 100pcd alloys and do opine that it is safe, IMO I would stay clear.
    HyperRetard likes this.
  5. HyperRetard

HyperRetard Timido

Info withheld

So, it effectively means "stay clear"
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Effectively, it also means the geometry and balance of wheel which matters most, esp. at high and higher speeds can be compromised and the issue of imbalance gets bigger at higher speeds. Therefore any arbitrary mod to force fix is guaranteed to ruin some dynamics of a perfect axial fit and movement. Strictly IMO. :)
  7. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dude check out the car in person, make sure the car was serviced on time and has all mechanicals running fine. If you are satisfied, buy it. BUT, go to fiat A.S.S., get 15" steel rims each costs Rs.999/- and them fit on your car, and if those are 16" tyres on that car, exchange them from some sweet 15" new tyres.

Why bother about those hyundai alloys on punto?