1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion or Avventura Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by anonexpr, Jan 30, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anonexpr .I would suggest to go with a variant with all safety features.

So at least Dyanmic if you choose Linea and Emotion or 90 HP if you choose Evo/Punto.

Trust me safety features are like insurance. A small price you pay for coming out alive and kicking in case one is unfortunate to be a part of accident.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

It all boils down to whether safety is your priority.

If you can do without airbags, there is always the T-Jet Active.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    I dont own one but practically My vote is for Punto 90HP or Linea Classic

with Avventura you dont get any goodies for the price you pay, Linea classic is long, not good for Noobs i think, i would pick the 90HP or the 75HP depending on my budget

Wait..if everyone thinks like this How will the avvy sell?? shouldve priced atleast 40k less
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I would suggest you to go with your heart. You are going to keep the car for next 6 or more years. Budget may limit you now, but the feeling of having followed your heart till you keep the car is some thing priceless ;) Your financial conditions would improve in the coming years and then you may not be able change the car immediately.
    So, it would be avvy, as your heart says.
    I would suggest emotion variant, for the safety features.

If you are going for bank loan, the difference in EMI for 2L will be manageable (ie, about 4400₹ per month additional).
    I just checked the emi difference for 2lakhs for a 5 year term with 12% interest.
    You may try your variations at http://emicalculator.net/
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @anonexpr Hi!

I really do second @limraj here: always follow your (informed) desire, rather than your prudence! Especially when it comes to an Italian car. Avventura, it should be! ;):cool:

Ideally of course: stretch and get the dynamic or emotion, since it will amortize over 5-6 years?

Remember: airbags do improve chances of surviving a crash but not by as much as is commonly believed, and more in test conditions than in the real Indian world-on-the-highway. Good to have, but i don't think prudence in this case has a strong enough case to stop you from pursuing your desire. Given that you have a strict budget, that is.

cheers man.
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @anonexpr, go with your heart and stretch a little more for safety aspect. Go for Avventura-Dynamic as it has ABS+EBD. You should be able to get it within a shade more than 9L.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anonexpr. Well I am not sure if I would follow my heart as few of our TFIANs are suggesting.

I would buy the one with maximum saftety features even if I had to let go off the Avvy. I would rather go for a 90 HP Sport model or Evo Emotion if required.

If we so called motoring enthusiasts and FIAT lovers/fans advice people to buy cars without safety features then there is no point talking about herd mentality and cribbing on lack of safety features and strong build of various car manufacturers and we have no right blaming the car companies and government for not providing safer cars to AAM JUNTA.

The least we could all do here at the forum of a car enthusiasts is advice people to buy the car with maximum safety features within their budget. Irrespective of our personal belief regarding safety features we need to advocate safety features. An airbag may or may not deploy in case of an accident. Not getting into the stats of how many lives air bags save we still have a probability of 50% on whether air bags will work on not. Isn't 50% probability of getting saved worth investing?

@prabhjot. No point in you mentioning herd mentality of people buying cars of Asian manufacturers in every thead you post in when you yourself are advicing someone a car without minimum safety features when the very person has a budget with which he can buy a top model from the same manufacturer with all possible safety features. Mate instead of labelling other's people buying decisions as herd mentality you should rather point at Fiat and all other manufacturers not providing basic safety.

This post isn't meant to offend any one's buying decision with regards to any manufacturer or any particular variant. This is an advice to some one who can very well buy a car with all possible safety features within his budget.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nibedk

Man, the only statistically, probabalistically relevant and bankable safety 'feature' is: a tough chassis and build, and top-notch handling-steering-braking architecture. The idea that 2 airbags add statistically to safety, or that safety is something that is a 'feature' like say a touchscreen is dubious.

I have no doubt that a Punto with 2 airbags is slightly, statistical probability-wise, safer than a Punto without one.

But
    equally a Punto Active is, without any doubt, safer than a Jap or Korean sub-10 lakh car with abs+airbags. The Swift with airbags will still score a big zero! As for Hyundai-s: the day their cars handle-steer-brake well enough....!

The Honda City would be much better served safety-wise, getting a half-decent size, width and spec of tyre (and half-decent build toughness) than 2 airbags. So that it handles and brakes well enough: not for driving fun but for safety. I'll happily buy, for safety-sake, the former even if I need to, for budgetary reasons, do without the latter.

This 'advocate safety features' thing is nonsense: and is designed to get folks to cough up more money for INTRINSICALLY, structurally under-engineered and unsafe cars, that's all. Do the internet research on this, man. I especially recommend EMAAA's website India Auto Report, which recently published 2 sterling reports on the misdirection based on the dubious NCAP-based incipient 'safety consciousness'. NCAP is a rather dubious organization too, and bears considerable scrutiny.

Safety, statistically, is NOT a 'feature' to be added-on: it is intrinsic to the basic chassis, steering and suspension engineering of a car, and to its build! Which is (one reason) why I go on and on about the Jap and Korean 'third-world-specials' sold exorbiatntly in our mass market. I will take any Fiat or Ford or VW or even a new Tata Zest/Bolt long before I even consider an airbag+abs Jap or Korean car (the Indian versions sold in this mass market, sub-D segment).
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    My vote is for Punto Evo Emotion. Once you start driving the Punto, I don't think there's anything significant that you would miss about the Avventura. The ground-clearance of Evo (185 mm) is more than enough for regular usage so, the extra 20 mm that you get in Avventura won't be essential. Safety features are always good to have and I would recommend you to go with Airbags+ ABS especially when you can afford it.

Moreover, the 75 HP engine is more suitable for city drives + occasional highway drives. 90 HP has more turbo-lag than 75 HP and can be a bit unsettling in slow-traffic for a newbie. Take a test-drive of both and see which one makes you feel more comfortable.

All the best!
    anonexpr and prabhjot like this.
  10. anonexpr

anonexpr Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Got my Driving License last week and hence went for a test drive on Saturday along with my friend who owns a Swift(Petrol). In showroom upon hearing about good discounts available for Evo dynamic variant, mentally I was sold for Evo dynamic model before I took a test drive. Initially started with test drive of Avventura. This was the first time I was driving a car on my own, with no instructor sitting beside me & helping/instructing in driving a car. Drove for couple of kilometres and was very much overwhelmed by the excitement of driving a car of my own. Loved the way it went over potholes and speed breakers and the steering feedback. After the drive my friend pointed about lag in first & second gears and said he may be feeling so because he is driving a petrol car(he also owns a Grand i10 diesel, which his brother drives mostly). Then we went for Punto dynamic test drive. I felt it was very sluggish compared to Avventura(or because of my over excitement during driving Avventura, I failed to notice any sluggishness). After the test drive my heart and mind was saying Avventura. Since it was very late in the evening, we decided to take a long test drive next week to know the full potential of the cars before making a final call. My friend is pushing me to go for Avventura and mainly the Emotion variant. He loved the steering feedback and way it went over potholes.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015