1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion or Avventura Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by anonexpr, Jan 30, 2015.

1. anonexpr

anonexpr Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Iam buying my first car and Fiat is my choice. My drive will be a mix of city usage(daily commute 30 kms) and highways(monthly once - 900 kms). So my choice is a diesel car. Since Iam planning to retain the car for atleast 6 years, budget Iam having in my mind is between 8-9L.

I just got my DL and I have not test driven any car so far. Liked Linea for it's looks(especially Magnesio Grey), but budget does not permit me. In Bangalore, I believe there are no Linea active(2014 make) cars with hefty discounts.

Liked Avventura, but my budget permits me only for Active variant at the max. Punto emotion(76HP) seems to satisfy me on - ABS, airbag, BlueMe front, but my heart wishes for Avventura(90 HP).

Being a newbie to cars with no prior driving experience and I would like to know from the experts in this forum, regarding the best option to choose for.
    prabhjot and joeswatmail like this.
  2. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @anonexpr
    Hi, welcome to the blog, am happy about the choice you have made... I may not be an expert in Fiat, as i am yet to own one. There are many experts in this Forum who can give you a better insight.
    But looking at ur requirements and options, in my opinion, I would say Punto Evo emotion is a good choice. Its better to have the top end variant of Punto Evo than the base variant of a Punto with a body kit and a back pack.
    Being a novice driver Punto emotion should serve you well. Or go for Punto Evo 90hp...
    Its just my opinion... Its up to you to decide... Cheers mate...
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You should be opting for the Punto Emotion 75 HP (I assume this is old Punto and not Evo) since you have a restriction on budget. Having additional safety features is anytime better for a newbie. Desiring one and actually owning one are two different things. No point in overburdening self with high priced vehicle.

The engine in both the vehicles are same. Hope this helps in deciding, take an informed decision.
  4. anonexpr

anonexpr Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    sorry for not making it clear.
    I meant punto evo emotion(76 hp) and not old Grande punto emotion.

Thanks for your suggestions.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In either case, picking up the top variant with all safety features would make sense; more in your case considering the fact that you intend to do highway drive every month. Hence, Evo would be my choice. Good luck for your new buy.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you checked the price and offers, with all 3 dealers? If not collect all details.

From EVO Emotion and Avventura Active, EVO gets my vote too. But in 9L budget, try Linea :).
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    if your budget is 8-9 lakhs, you can go for 90HP Punto Evo as well. Also you can check and haggle for any discounted Linea's in all the dealers in Bangalore, if not done already.

I believe Evo 76HP is the best bet with all the features and creature comforts. Also since you are a new graduating driver, 75HP makes sense as with more power comes more responsibility:) (NOM).
  8. anonexpr

anonexpr Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Is Linea Classic MJD+ with 75HP engine a good option - Linea in the budget of Punto?
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anonexpr. With the budget you have of up to 9 L you can try and look for older Linea MJET dynamic variant. I am not sure if the 2L discounts are still on. Check with all the dealers you have in you city if they have the older Lineas in stock. Besides you would get all features including saftey ones as well with Linea Dynamic. Most differences between dynamic and emotion on Linea would be the luxury ones like leather seats, bigger alloys etc.

In case you are more inclined towards Punto its got to be the 90 HP sports version. Its the best of lot in Fiat stable when all factors are weighed in. You may try and see if any dealers has the older GPs 90 HP. You will get good discounts if you are ok with interiors for the older GP esle you can go for Evo 90 HO with all black interiors . In either case you should get it below 9 Lacs.

Try Linea if you are okay handling a bigger car since you are a newbie driver. Its got a full sized boot. It a little bit better when dynamics and handling are concerned. Sedans will always be better handlers when comapred to their sibling hatchbacks.

Esle Punto 90 HP for everything else other than a smaller boot @ 285 liters. Handling and dynamics almost on par with the bigger sedan and you really have to drive hard to make out the differences with Linea. Being a samller car lenght and weight wise feels more agile than its elder sibling.

Bring TJET on to the table and its a different ball game altogether.

I own a Punto 90 HP and have grinned ear to ear every km of the 16 K already covered. May have gone for TJET as well and still yearn for it sometime. But financially Punto 90 HP made more sense .I am not a sedate driver and love to rev a lot. My recent trip of 2000 kms returned a paltry 14 km/l. Touched speeds north of 150 umpteen number of times. So you see the diesel makes more sense. It gives you the required thrills and still returns respectable mileage. The best I have got was 20.3 km/l. I think I made a right decision going for the MJET over TJET. I am not sure if I would have managed even 10 km/l with TJET.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  10. anonexpr

anonexpr Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @nibedk, tried for Linea 2014 make with couple of dealers and the quote was above 10L for Dynamic variant and no stock of Active variant. Let me check on the Punto 90HP.