1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion mjd Vs Punto Sports 90hp????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey wolverine, it must be only a matter of time or a 50-60 km before she is comfortable with the long clutch travel. try to get another TD of the vehicle, maybe 5-6 km again. it's better to take multiple TDs when you're in doubt about such a thing. She'll feel confident after that, I believe. Let her get a sense of the length of the car as well.
  2. The metallic paddle in Punto Sports cost 12k approx if they are bought seperately,but why is it so expensive??does add to any unknown feature like increasing the grip??people say it gives some funky looks.The looks might be funky but i could have spent that 12k for the shoes of the car.or am i missing on something??
  3. sungoa2010

I don't think the clutch play is going to cause any problems with driving. One can get a comfortable position by adjusting seat and steering. Once used to the vehicle one will get adjusted with the vehicle. The vehicle, I consider is most suited for females considering the occupant safety.
  4. @rahul;thanks for the reply,but is it possible for a 5 footer to drive such a car??After we get the delivery of the car the very next day we will be moving out for bangalore,so i thought she will drive a few hunded kms on the highway and get accustomed,but now i am thinking what if she cant?? ;-(
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Let me jump into this thread :).

Regarding your 75 or 90 hp dilemma, being a 90hp owner I will recommend you to buy 90hp
    You are going to keep this car for atleast Five years.
    Your main usage is on highway and where VGT of 90hp plays important role doesnt matter at what speed you are cruising.
    The price difference is just near about 50k so that try to compromise few things go 90hp engine thats what I did :)

Now lets come back to your wife's driving. You can partially overcome visibility and long clutch travel by using driver seat height adjustment. Once she gets perfect seat height then it will good for her to drive Punto confidently.

Arnab take my words and go for 90hp cause paying extra 50k is really worth or else you will always think in next five years ki 90hp le liya hota accha hota. But that doesnt mean 75hp Punto is bad performer.
  6. kvmoorthy

I would suggest you to join the Punto Sport Club as the normal 90 HP is not available(thats what dealers say).
    The drive is very linear in 90 HP.
    The 1st two gears are very responsive in the 90 HP.
    The 90 HP feels very comfortable to drive in highways. In my view Ladies can easily run the mill in decent speeds without a sweat.
    When planning to use the car for 5 years, definetly I would suggest 90 HP the difference of the cars value is less than 10%. In case you buy 1.3 Emotion you would loose almost 20% of the Fun.
    I am enjoying the 90 HP ride in city as well as the Highway.
  7. wolverine, that's why i suggest another TD with the Punto. Let your wife be convinced. Another 5-6 km would increase the confidence in her.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

with women, they need to be 100% sure.
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I had the same thought.. and i went for 75hp.. in the whole deal that's one thing i regret.

i would suggest you go for the 90hp.. 1st try to find the standard 90hp.. think its still in market..Confirm its.. IF not go for the sport..

on high ways its better, only downside i noticed is the turbo comes to life a bit later thn the 75hp.. but i personally think the 90 hp gives a better mileage..

Go for the 90.. u won't regret it..
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  9. +1 .

Advantage of 90 hp is that IF you want to test the ability of fiat on highways , this is the best option you can get with the maximum safety available .

10. anoop

anoop Superiore

You are bang on - those metallic pedals improve the looks, but on a practical side I do not think they are worth of spending 12K - any day spending that 12K for better shoes makes more sense.

Between the 75Hp and 90 'Sports', if you have a budget, go for 90hp. I think it will be a matter of few Kms before she can feel comfortable driving the car.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.