1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion mjd Vs Punto Sports 90hp????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I do :D.

I consistently do this and at times go to some insane speed if any other car try to test the ability of a Fiat.
    4 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't remember any highway trip where i didn't touch 160 after my punto tasted that speed for the first time ;) And i do drive quite a lot on highways!
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I never have that luxury of open roads and couldn't do it consistently. Even in NH4 I found lot of trucks that blocks the traffic.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    In our recent trip to Kodaikanal with Sathya, teky, linealover and pdranjith, I tried to drive slow at 80-100 between Trichy and Dindigul. I really felt sleepy and went out of line many a times. That become very dangerous and I went back to my normal cruising speed :).
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    @Sun - Please note that I'm not advocating higher speeds, But the 75HP definitely feels strained to me at least. I always love to cruise about 120 and till that point 75HP is absolutely fine, but anything more for even quicker bursts it takes time to build speed. So my take any day would be 90 HP over the 75HP for the top end it offers - after all that's what matters whilst being on highway.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

ZDi in Chennai is 8L sir, but not in Kolkata.
  7. Zdi is 7.51L onroad,and that also with B2B insurance,here the dealer promised me delivery within 1 month when I said I will pay for the car in cash.But still it never had a chance,i want the punto only.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I was of the impression that he is going to buy the car in Bangalore.

Great.
    Good to know that you have decided on getting a Punto.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks.
    So to conclude we can say if 120 kmph is what one is comfortable on highway then 75 make sense and if one has more highway use and love to cruise at higher speeds, within the safety limit, then 90HP make more sense for better relaxed drive.:) Correct?
  10. Hey,one question i wanted to ask was,my wife is just 5 feet tall,so will she be able to drive the car inside city aswell as on highway???please clear my doubts..Note:We did take a test drive where she drove in the city aswell but that was just few kms..and she was not very confident then,but she is positive that she will get used to it.What I am worried about is the long clutch play,can she get adopted to that?i mean a person of her height?and the car did stal few time because of this.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.