1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion mjd Vs Punto Sports 90hp????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thats the problem. The fiat website still shows the 90HP and Sports as 2 different models. Fiat is killing the 90HP sales, by not telling truth to customers.
    Do one thing, send emails to Fiat customer service and try to convince them that there is 90HP model (Non sports) also. Its available on the fiat india website, with price details. 90HP make more sense for more highway driving.

See this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/contacts/7-fiat-india-contact-list.html, send emails to appropriate persons.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    If you like to hit the wrong side of 150 kmph frequently then 90 hp will make a difference. That said I would suggest go for 90 hp if its not too much of a problem stretching the budget by 55k. You might have some extra money to spare after few months but that time you would not be buying a car again! then you might feel that you should have gone for the 90 hp.

Do you already own a 1.2 active. Not relevant, asking just out of curiosity :)
  3. Yes it will be used mainly for the highway purpose.But i am a little confused as you said the main difference can be noted after speed above 120 kmph,what about the handling aspects??how does it handle itself at such speeds??
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    At 140 kmph 75HP will be more stressed compared to 90 HP. Please test drive and verify yourself. You will see mixed opinions about the performance past 100-110 kmph.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have done upto 170 Kmph on 90HP Punto. Even at that speed the car was very much stable.

Well, missed to mention about the NVH. The NVH is less in 90HP than the 75.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  6. yea i have the punto 1.2 active.i wanted to exchange it as i might not get any resale value later on.what are your views on that?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    90HP without a doubt if you're going to use in the highways. 75HP although can take legal speed limits easily struggles above 130~140,it does reach 165 but feels strained. If I had the budget 90HP is an obvious choice
  9. Thank you very much@Raviji,i will send the emails to fiat ppl as soon as i can.hope they give some positive answer.As i wanted to get my hand on the car within this month as i need to drive it back to bangalore.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But does any one use anything above 140 consistently. One may reaches some insane speeds taste it and come back. I think for practical purpose if a car can do 130-140 decently one can go for it. If one doesn't want ugly car's overtaking then one has the reason to go for more power. If one is not bothered about the price difference then I will advocate for 90 HP.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.