1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion mjd Vs Punto Sports 90hp????

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by wolverine_arnab, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey,all TFI'ians I am new to this forum and i seriuosly am in the need of yours view on which car should i buy.Punto emotion 1.3 mjd(onroad@kolkata)=7,45,000 andPunto Sport 90HP=8,00,000I am in a fix as to which car should i go for,as my wife is hinting for the emotion obviously as we need to look after some other commitment aswell.But here i am so close to laying my hands on the punto sports but the responsible side in me just stops me from doing it. The car will be extensively used for highways so please guys help me out,if i go for the 75 hp emotion will i be loosing on too much on fun part??Note:i plan to keep the car for 5 years atleast.Any views from your side will be appreciated.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Follow your heart man. Once you had had your heart's content, other things tend to fall in place. Since your better wife is also inclined, that is two hearts with one mind.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You will not miss any fun part till 140kmph. One can easily attain 150-160 on 75bhp. Emotion is also as good as 90 HP. I have interacted with many 75 owners at TASS and they all are very happy with the performance.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    EVen I had same dilemma with active & dynamic version..I went for active version ..and thought I saved 70K...

But I seriously think I should have bought dynamic as it had ABS and other features,..

With a loan ..60-70K does not make a difference..if I were u...I would have bought Punto sports :)

But u r the best judge
  5. I will be buying in cash only,so was the issue.Apart from the new additon in 90 hp like the metallic pedals,chrome exhaust etc what else will i be loosing in the performance part if i choose to go for the emotion over 90 hp??And will there be any performance difference in mountain climbing as such??
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why not try 90HP, not sport. That should be available around 20K less than sports version.

Only problem is there is some confusion, that normal 90HP is available or not. Try with different dealers in your city and try to get 90HP punto.
    Get help of Fiat directly, in case dealers are not helpful.
  7. Regarding cruising at 140 kmph in emotion does the engine feel to stressed??and in 90 HP sports how good is the NVH??i mean the engine noise wont seep in even at 120 kmph??I am really sorry for asking so many questions.Please bear with me as i am a little novice on these aspects..
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are a highway cruiser, then 90HP it is.

Both versions of the MJD feel strained after 120 kmph. But, the 90HP really wakes up after 120 kmph. It will pull very madly from this point. For the 75HP, anything beyond 120 kmph happens slowly. For City driving, there is no much difference between 75 and 90.

I hope I have answered some of your questions.
  9. Yes,my first choice was to go for the 90 Hp only,but after the launch of sports model none of the dealers are taking booking for 90 HP model.They say the model has been stopped as of now,to confirm the truth i called the FIAT TOLL FREE number,and they repeated the same story.Regarding the sports model,i really didnt like the new add ons much.But then it is the only trim available with the 90hp engine.I really am confused very much.please help me make a decision.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing to get confused. The deal breaker here is 90HP or not. Even, I am not a fan of all those gizmos which comes with the sports version. But, 8L on road is real real VFM IMHO. The zdi itself costs close to 8L on Road. If you have budget, go for 90 with your eyes closed. You will never regret it and you will have full of smiles on your face whenever you cruise on the highway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.