1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Emotion 2012 TD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rahul24jam, Jan 18, 2012.

1. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Rahul
    I do face this issue specially when my father is with me and he tries to talk to passengers at the back and leans towards driver side. This seems to be an issue.
  2. Ajit Godbole

Ajit Godbole

Vadodara
    Only problem in Fiat products is poor marketing by TATA. They are not ready to tell the truth that Fiat are world leader in diesel technology thus product is also a good no question about it
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Happened to visit Pandit, Auto Pune today to checkout the beauties. Kept the TD for later as I was running short of time.
    There was also an elderly couple present while the SA was explaining the upgrades.
    Few points he mentioned to all,
    1. Sir, the same diesel engine is present in Vistas, Manzas, Swifts, etc. They have bought from FIAT.
    2. I understand Vista is spacious but please take a TD of both back to back and I am sure FIAT will be your choice. There is more fun driving a FIAT.
    3. Talking about absence of 1.6 MJD and competitors viz. Vento, Rapid with higher power, he said, they (SAs) were given some training where he got to know how advanced really these MJDs are. They are way ahead of the competition. Dont know what technicalities he meant.

Moreover, many of those potential buyers coming into the showroom were making crowd at FIAT side. The TATA section looked sparsely populated ;)

Good marketing by the SA, ain't it?
    1 person likes this.
  4. very frankly, its really heartening to learn this. Fiat needs a hundred of such guys.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think the Sales guy is Gurnain Kapoor!
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

It was Swapnil.
    BTW Gurnain Kapoor I found is a very good SA that Pandit Auto has. very close to being a perfect marketing guy, does what he is really supposed to do there and thats what Fiat needs. :)
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No !This is not a issue. First time user may feel this is issue. I had also noticed this issue in old GP while taking TD of GP in 2009.After using car for 7-8 days I could adjust myself in the driver seat. It takes a time. After use of 7-8 days, you will be comfortable. This is due to addiction of well spaced seats of other Korean/Japan manufacturers.But in fact seats of Punto are designed in such a way that after adjusting your seating posture your body doesn't peep out from the corners of seat like other Korean/Jap cars, even you cruise with pedal to metel action on bad roads.Passengers doesn't tossed upon each other due to design of seats of GP & Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  8. hello guys,

i am in the process of finalizing on my punto and may book the car next week, after having a look at my funds in detail. it's going to be a 1.3 MJD, Emotion. the offer i am getting is, as usual, the 4k pack which gives RSA n 1 year insurance free, and 10k exchange bonus, if i trade my present car. plus usual accessories.

Now, the dilemma in my mind, is whether to exchange the old Zen LXi for the 1.3 MJD, or to buy a Punto 1.3 MJD and keep the Zen too.

Points in favor of keeping the Zen:

1. My average running per year could be like 10000 km. There's space for two hatches at my current residence. The dilemma is strengthened due to my parents' affinity and sentiments for the old Zen, which was bought using my dad's pension money. he was a lecturer, and his hard earned money. he cant believe that a 4 lac car he bought now gets just 1.2 lacs. well, even i love the zen. and i don't want to stand the tears of my dad n mom when i sell the car bought with dad's money.

2. Plus, the service centers of Fiat are located nearly a 100 km from where i live n work, while there are as much as 4 Maruti ASS's around my place. If anything goes wrong with my Fiat, god forbid, and it's stuck at the TASS, I'll need a car for backup - My dad isn't in the pink of his health, and i'll require a car daily.

Points against keeping the Zen:

1. the 1.2 lakhs i get significantly lower the price i have to pay for the new car. the exchange price could serve as the diesel cost for atleast the next 3.5-4 years, or as fuel cost+maintenance for next 2.5-3 years for my Grande Punto.

2. The Zen also will need to be maintained, occasional petrol filling, and servicing, both of which are getting higher due to increasing petrol prices and car being an old one.

3. There are people who tell me to get rid of such cheap sentiments as these only add to the burden - this point i don't take. we indians, are always sentimental.

There's a different opinion, too:

Friends tell me, if i need to keep the Zen, which is a hatch, I must be buying a diesel sedan, not another hatch. pluses are bootspace, legroom and space at the back. also, big car feel. which, will leave me with options like a Verito D6 or the New Dzire VDi/ZDi - BIG NO to Linea, cuz I cant afford it. Verito D6 is frugal and economical, but lacks features in Fiat. So no Verito. not even for space in boot/rear seat. Dzire - Another Maruti? NO. so this sedan option dumped.

FINALLY:

I am not sure if you can really solve this confusion, but do help me with your valuable suggestions. Is having two cars a burden? especially if it's two hatches.
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Hi Rahul,

Sedan will make sense only if you are a frequent traveler and go out of the town atleast once a month. If anything less than that, boot in the sedan will be just a burden. I am not even talking about the extra parking tension and less fuel economy for sedan. Only advantage in sedan is the feel of "badi gadi".

I think punto has a good enough boot space. I recently traveled to Surat with 3 big suitcases, 4 small bags, 1 20 litre can and few bottles + 5 adults and 2 children. There was not a single moment of uncomfortness in the entire trip.
    1 person likes this.
  10. thats pretty good relief, if u can comfortably seat 5+2kids, with all that baggage in the trunk. interesting.